PDA

View Full Version : Vac

Pages : [1] 2

oaevo8u
11-27-2004, 11:10 PM
I know this is not the area for this thread but no one replied any where else so here it goes. The vac that autopia sells im sure is a great vac but I wanted to know if anyone has used it. I think it would be great for my mobile detailing since I dont have much room in my car plus it sounds like it has alot of power and would do the job at hand and more.

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Hey, Sean, is there a link you can post so we can see the vac you are talking about. Thanks.

Eliot Ness
11-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by mirrorfinishman

Hey, Sean, is there a link you can post so we can see the vac you are talking about. Thanks.

I`ll post this for Sean so he can get some feedback.

Since this appears to be the only one sold on Autopia here is the link:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/mvc-vnb-83ba.html

oaevo8u
11-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks John, i forgot to put a link

audipower
11-28-2004, 11:53 PM
go to home depot. they have $40 off there Ridge vacs. I got one and there`s couldn`t be better. It gets in all crevices and cracks. I even spray oxy on the carpet and it sucks up stains and dries. I was really impressed!

imported_Burlyq
11-28-2004, 11:56 PM
If your limited try getting a good quality wet dry vac your going to need one anyway.

oaevo8u
11-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Im concerned about size, is this ridge vac simialr in size to the one im thinking about. I have a wet dry already and it is a pita to take with me every where I go.

Eliot Ness
11-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by oaevo8u

Im concerned about size, is this ridge vac simialr in size to the one im thinking about. I have a wet dry already and it is a pita to take with me every where I go.

Sean, the Ridgid that Home Depot had at $40.00 off was a 12 gallon. It`s a great shop vac and I picked one up for the garage, but it`s too big to carry in a car.

They do make a 4 gallon that looks pretty nice, but I`m not sure exactly how big that one is. Here is a link to it and if you get near a Home Depot you may want to run in and see if they carry it.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/4-Gallon-Vac/index.htm

And here is a link to a Craftsman that some users have and like (Scottwax does or did use one like this). It looks like a nice size for a mobile operation.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pid=00917768000&vertical=TOOL

oaevo8u
11-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Thanks again John....The Ridgid(4 gallon)looks neat and deffinitly the right size for the job. I have no experience with Ridgid, are they a dependable vac, do they have plenty of suction.

How is it when im up late with a question you always seem to be up as well with a answer..very strange John.....very strange...lol

Eliot Ness
11-29-2004, 06:37 AM
The 12 gallon I picked up has a lot of suction, I was impressed. The Ridgid seems to be a good vac for the money, but I`m sure they are not as good as the Fein units that Jimmy Buffit uses:

http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/fein/femtur.htm?L+coastest+ghjm6745ff7f427f+1101621406

The thing I like about the Craftsman and the Fein (and some others) is you can use a bag in them. Makes it easier to switch from dry to wet pickup IMO, but if you have the LGM extractor that may not be a factor for you.

How is it when im up late with a question you always seem to be up as well with a answer..

Yeah, I gotta quit those late night hours...lol.....

imported_DetailGirl
11-29-2004, 07:03 AM
See I have a 5hp craftsman and I think that it is a POS. It does not suck up near what I would like. Am I being too picky? Im not sure but I sure expected a lot more from a 5hp unit.

2k2blackWRX
11-29-2004, 08:49 AM
I think the craftsman I have is 6.5 peak Hp, Its much to big for portability but man that thing could almost suck the skin off my arm.

Seriously I have used the 5 hp ones and the 6.5 hp one seems to suck much harder than the 5 hp ones. Not only that but I got the one that has a detachable top to it so I can pull it off and use it like a regular blower.

togwt
11-29-2004, 09:18 AM
~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations~

The metro has a lot of suction power and is not very heavy or cumbersome. Iâ€â„¢m not a â€Ëœmobile detailerâ€â„¢ so perhaps they may have other suggestions. I would not use anything else for vacuuming or as a blower unit for drying vehicles.

Specification:

Metropolitan Vac Nâ€â„¢ Bloâ„¢ Vacuum / Blower Unit

Peak Motor Power: 4.0 HP

Power Requirements- 11.25Amps, 110-120 volts

Single-phase, 50-60 Hz VAC

Vacuum: 95-inch water gauge static lift

Blower: 145,000SCFM @ 28,000FPM

Dimensions: 15-iches long and 7-inch diameter

Weight: 10Lbs

12-foot cord, re-usable cloth dust bag, and 16 accessories (crevice tool, brushes and etc)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

imported_DetailGirl
11-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations~

The metro has a lot of suction power and is not very heavy or cumbersome. Iâ€â„¢m not a â€Ëœmobile detailerâ€â„¢ so perhaps they may have other suggestions. I would not use anything else for vacuuming or as a blower unit for drying vehicles.

Specification:

Metropolitan Vac Nâ€â„¢ Bloâ„¢ Vacuum / Blower Unit

Peak Motor Power: 4.0 HP

Power Requirements- 11.25Amps, 110-120 volts

Single-phase, 50-60 Hz VAC

Vacuum: 95-inch water gauge static lift

Blower: 145,000SCFM @ 28,000FPM

Dimensions: 15-iches long and 7-inch diameter

Weight: 10Lbs

12-foot cord, re-usable cloth dust bag, and 16 accessories (crevice tool, brushes and etc)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

I have thought many, many times about getting this vac but the price has always steered me away. I guess if I could try it risk free I would and if it livied up to my expectations I would keep it. But I dont want to pay shipping, to and from.

oaevo8u
11-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Well I just ordered the metro that autopia has for sale!!!! If anyone would like ill post a reveiw of it after I try it out.