PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!! claybar makes a big difference!

Dtail
11-06-2004, 12:30 PM
I haven`t use clay on my car for a year now and always thought my paint is still so smooth until i worked on my customers mercedes at my work that was just clayed not long time ago. His paint was so smooooth. And when i washed my car last night, the difference is night and day. How often do you guys clay your car? My car is a daily driver. Should I clay it quarterly, annually, etc???

The Fuzz
11-06-2004, 12:37 PM
If your car needs to be clayed, then clay it. :D That is the rule for claying. lol Seriously though, it depends on where your car lives. If you work at an oil refinery then your car may need to be clayed more frequently. Some cars don`t need it more than once or twice a year. It is all based on where your car spends its time at. Its like asking how often you need to shave. Since every face is different, every answer will be different too. Clay your car when you need to clay your car. Do whatever it takes to be smoooooooooooth :bigups

AutopiaAdmin
11-06-2004, 12:41 PM
I haven`t use clay on my car for a year now and always thought my paint is still so smooth until i worked on my customers mercedes at my work that was just clayed not long time ago. His paint was so smooooth. And when i washed my car last night, the difference is night and day. How often do you guys clay your car? My car is a daily driver. Should I clay it quarterly, annually, etc???

I inspect my paint after every wash. If isn`t as smooth as glass, has industrial fallout, tree sap mist or paint overspray it is time to consider claying, polishing and waxing.

If the paint is still smooth and slick after I wash it with no embedded contaminants, no need to clay.

Jngrbrdman
11-06-2004, 01:34 PM
I clay my car every few months. Usually I just clay whenever I change products throughout the year. I clay in the spring, part way through the summer, and then usually again in the fall. I`m sure I could clay in between those times as well, but I don`t want to remove the products on the surface.

Clay is an amazing thing. When I want to impress a potential client I will usually clay and AIO their door or half their trunk or something first. That is usually impressive enough that they will hire me to finish off the rest of the car. Its impressive stuff. :bigups