PDA

View Full Version : Blue Job?

White95Max
11-26-2004, 09:05 PM
I just noticed this product at Autogeek. It sure has a unique name. :)

If it`s a good product I might buy it and save the jar afterward! :cool:

http://www.autogeek.net/blujob.html

raymond_ho2002
11-26-2004, 09:12 PM
I`m waiting for john styrnol to chime in about giving rover a blue job :)

Scottwax
11-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Anyone every try this? I do Harleys occasionally, some do have some blueing on their pipes.

White95Max
11-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Scott you have a new PM.

ntwrkguy1
11-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Scottwax,

I`ve used this product on a client`s Yamaha, and have been impressed with it. It`s removed all but the worst of the blue on his chrome pipes, and has kept them easy to clean.

The easiest way I`ve found to apply this is to take a damp microfiber, and dip the end into the jar. Blue Job comes in a container that is about the size of a can of Skoal (no, I don`t dip...but it`s a good point of reference!) , and is in powder form. A little goes a long, long way. When you start to rub it onto the pipes, it will become paste-like, and then you work it until it almost disappears.

hth,

DavidM

White95Max
11-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Does it only work on chrome or does it work well on all metals?

Scottwax
11-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks, David. Looks like I need to order some before spring, since that is when I do the most bike details.

ntwrkguy1
11-26-2004, 10:48 PM
I`ve used it with great success on stainless steel, and even used it on an antique brass piece that my wife purchased a few months ago. It cleaned the brass up very nicely.

Honestly though, given the price per ounce of Blue Job, I think I will stick with cleaning the chrome pipes of motorcycles with it, and use something a little more cost-effective for other metals.