PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving details anyone?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Burlyq
11-25-2004, 11:53 PM
So did any of you autopians detail your car on thanksgiving instead of eating Turkey? If so I give you mad props you are hard core man.

beastie
11-26-2004, 12:20 AM
I did my cousin`s new Mini Cooper S. It was raining too. Washed it then pulled it in my garage to dry it. We then proceeded to apply AIO and SG. Put NXT Protectant on the tires. We stood back and admired our work. Then while it was still raining, he pulls out to go home. I was rewarded later when I went to his house for some excellent dinner.

MattZ28
11-26-2004, 12:20 AM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46989

:)

My neighbor came by and said "C`mon man, you shouldn`t me doing that today! It`s Thanksgiving!". I smiled at him and continued washing...... ;)

scottabir
11-26-2004, 12:32 AM
it ok to gives thanks for being able to detail :D

MattZ28
11-26-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by scottabir

it ok to gives thanks for being able to detail :D

Exactly! My car wasn`t even dirty, I just wanted to wash it because I`m so thankful :D

imported_Burlyq
11-26-2004, 12:54 AM
LOL, ok Matt you win.

01bluecls
11-26-2004, 02:34 AM
I washed my Mom`s car and dad`s car. I also added a coat of Z2 to my dad`s car and the wheels. I love Zaino, so slick and reflective. Sorry no pics, I was dark out when I wiped off the dried Z2. Hope every one had a Happy Thanksgiving!

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-26-2004, 04:23 AM
I have never detailed a car on Thanksgiving, however I have detailed customers` vehicles on Christmas Eve, New Years, Mothers Day and July 4th.

ssarcevic
11-26-2004, 05:43 AM
Got up early to wash my 6. My wife was pissed because I wouldn`t watch the parade on tv with the kids. Turns out they wanted to help. So I put them to work and the car turned out great! May have just created the next generation of Autopians.:xyxthumbs

Carl Anderson
11-26-2004, 05:53 AM
I wanted to wash my cars and clean them up, but it rained, rained, and rained. I had a pleasant day anyway, and spent a fair amount of time planning my own Christmas gifts which include a rotary.

gkerr4
11-26-2004, 06:17 AM
erm. - I hate to ask this question, but as an ignorant British male - what exactly is Thanksgiving?

I know it is a big American holiday period, but what is the history behind the holiday?

is it traditionally a day for giving thanks? and if so - thanks for what? Is it war related?

Sorry - I really don`t mean to be funny, i genuinely don`t know what it is.

Thanks

Graham

DrSauekraut
11-26-2004, 06:22 AM
Despite the line of cars, had I touched anything in the garage the old lady wouldâ€â„¢ve killed me. Seriously.

Eliot Ness
11-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by gkerr4

.......what exactly is Thanksgiving?......

It dates back to the Pilgrims and Indians. Here is a link with some info:

http://www.pilgrimhall.org/f_thanks.htm

I wished someone who PM`d me a happy Thanksgiving yesterday before I realized he was from the UK :o . I hope he didn`t take offense, Sorry glojo.

imported_pdsterns
11-26-2004, 06:48 AM
My niece arrived with her new Jag (2002) and the car is very nice and clean, anyway the front wheels were holding a lot of brake dust so I put P21S gel on them, had a beer, gave them a quick wipe and hose and wallah. Went inside and told her I fixed up her car, she looked out saw the wheels and gave me a kiss.

gkerr4
11-26-2004, 06:58 AM
Eliot Ness - I don`t think anyone from the UK would take offense to being wished happy thanksgiving - they just might not understand it.

Either way they will know it is a joyous occasion and would be delighted to be wished happy thanksgiving. Well, thats the way I would think anyway.

And thanks for the link - it has helped shine some light on the subject.

Graham