PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to...

Wicho
11-23-2004, 08:14 PM
I still have a few questions about detailing so here they go.

1. How many times a year should I use a polish such as Megs color x on my paint ?

2. After I wash and wax my car with megs nxt wax, should I top that with something ? I see so many of you guys doing 4-5 step waxes adding this and that.

TW85 HHI
11-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Is ColorX a chemical cleaner like Klasse AIO or does it have abrasives? I have never used it because I have not cared for most Meguiar`s products I have used.

Regardless, you do not need to use an abrasive polish unless you notice marring. Most of the time a quality paint cleaner will suffice and give the desired results (removal of oxidation, removal of old products, etc.).

It is up to you if you want to top NXT. I personally do not like the look of NXT alone and will top it with a carnauba in the future (assuming I actually use NXT again). Carnuaba toppers can enhance or detract...depends on the base product and the carnauba, and the expected look. Products such as 4* Ultimate Paint Protection, IMO, look great without a topper and I think a topper would actually detract from the appearance and feel. Others such as Klasse SG, while it can look nice by itself, and NXT, typically benefit from a topper.

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-30-2004, 09:20 PM
1. You should be fine using a polish once or twice a year, as needed.

2. It is not really necessary to top NXT with any other product. Actually, I would highly recommend just applying another coat of NXT every couple of months, rather than constantly trying to top it all at one time.

Accumulator
12-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Can`t help with the Color-X, but the "top NXT or not?" thing is a personal preference. If you *do* top it, let it cure for at least a day first. Scottwax likes to top his NXT with Meg`s #16.