PDA

View Full Version : Dash Protocol

Pages : [1] 2

Peter Crowl
11-23-2004, 07:54 PM
At issue is my newly delivered MINI Cooper.

The upper dash and most of the interior is black Vinyl..which I`ll treat with 303 or whatever better suggestion comes along in this thread ;) .

The dash face and door trim inserts are body color. I believe they`re color impregnated plastic rather than a painted surface.

What`s my best move for that surface?

Peter...who does not want to screw this up...in Denver

az57chevy
11-23-2004, 08:19 PM
I like 303 for both

togwt
11-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by az57chevy

I like 303 for both

:xyxthumbs 303 provdes a good UVR protection plus a matte finish

Peter Crowl
11-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

:xyxthumbs 303 provdes a good UVR protection plus a matte finish

Right..but the dash face panels have a gloss to them...will 303 enhance that? Maybe I should just use Z2....but is there a chance of interaction with the plastic?

Peter..in Denver

Wasatch
11-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Some products to try:

PBs Natural Look

Adam`s VRT

imported_kgb
11-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Poorboy`s Natural Look gets my vote.

JaredPointer
11-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Another vote for the Adam`s VRT.

the other pc
11-24-2004, 09:42 AM
I haven`t popped any of the interior bits out of our MINI to look at the backs/edges but I was under the impression they were painted.

Either way, it`s a hard glossy surface. I would think a sealant would be the more appropriate product but I`m sure 303 wouldn`t hurt.

PC.

jasonmac
11-24-2004, 10:09 AM
I like 303 left on for a few minutes, buffed, then some Cockpit Premium on top.

Peter Crowl
11-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by the other pc

I haven`t popped any of the interior bits out of our MINI to look at the backs/edges but I was under the impression they were painted.

Either way, it`s a hard glossy surface. I would think a sealant would be the more appropriate product but I`m sure 303 wouldn`t hurt.

PC.

They feel like plastic to me and since they are absent any orange peel I`m presuming color impregnated.

The car, BTW, is not too bad on the OP scale. Sure there`s some, but I haven`t seen anything horrible. Not that there can`t be..I saw a BRG Cooper S at the dealer and the boot lid was terrible.

Ours is Liquid Yellow...perhaps the non-metallics aren`t as prone to OP?

Peter..in Denver

hondaguy2582
11-24-2004, 10:51 AM
303 all the way. I refuse to use anything else!!!!!!!!!

andriver
11-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Either Poorboys Natural Look or 1Z Premium Cockpit.

the other pc
11-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Peter Crowl

They feel like plastic to me and since they are absent any orange peel I`m presuming color impregnated.

The car, BTW, is not too bad on the OP scale. Sure there`s some, but I haven`t seen anything horrible. Not that there can`t be..I saw a BRG Cooper S at the dealer and the boot lid was terrible.

Ours is Liquid Yellow...perhaps the non-metallics aren`t as prone to OP?

Peter..in Denver

Good point, I`ll have to take a closer look at our interior parts.

Ours is silk green metallic with anthracite interior. Compared to other OEM finishes I see I`d say the level of orange peel in ours is moderately low.

I`ll be passing through Denver in a couple weeks, if I see a liquid yellow MINI I`ll wave! (I`ll be driving a yet to be determined and likely very dirty rental.)

PC.

Peter Crowl
11-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by the other pc

Good point, I`ll have to take a closer look at our interior parts.

Ours is silk green metallic with anthracite interior. Compared to other OEM finishes I see I`d say the level of orange peel in ours is moderately low.

I`ll be passing through Denver in a couple weeks, if I see a liquid yellow MINI I`ll wave! (I`ll be driving a yet to be determined and likely very dirty rental.)

PC.

Silk Green is beautiful..Sorry they dropped it!

Peter...fan of Duckman..in Denver

Intercooled
11-24-2004, 02:30 PM
My vote is for 1Z Cockpit...Works great on interior plastic, doesn`t streak and leaves a nice clean finish.