PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Questions

C_Rock77
11-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Well, I finally decided to try out some Wolfgang. I`ve been a proponent of Klasse, 4*, and NXT on mine and clients` cars. The AIO/UPP combo is my favoite.

I heard the WG supplied a "warmer, wetter" look than the UPP. I figured I`d try it out. I bought the exterior concourse pkg with the auto bathe, cleanser, and sealant.

I have a PC 7424. Has anyone used the PC for WG application? I usually use the red Megs (Cutting) pad to apply AIO. It seems to do a nice job. Would you recommend the same for WG? Does anyone use the PC for WG, or is it better to apply by hand?

Another question...I regularly layer 2-3 layers of UPP on my car... Is that possible with WG? I can see the difference between the layers of UPP. Is there a noticeable difference if you CAN layer WG on top of itself?

Thanks Guys and Gals

Jngrbrdman
11-05-2004, 02:59 PM
WG has the pre-sealant cleaner and the sealant itself. If you have a neglected finish, then the red cutting pad would be a good idea. Otherwise its not necessary. I would suggest a softer pad if you aren`t trying to remove swirls or oxidation with the PC. Basically all using a PC is going to do is make the job go faster and help spread the product out. I use a PC for everything except for paste waxes. Its definitely a good tool to use to apply WG.

You can layer the WG sealant on top of itself. You should see what it looks like with three layers. Its pretty impressive.

Nickc0844
11-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Here is a review I did as soon as Wolfgang came out using via the PC
http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=2919

I later applied with the PC and achieved similar results. The only downfall I`ve seen with the product is the durability, as others have found as well.

C_Rock77
11-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Well, Anthony, the finish has some marring. I noticed it. It looks kinda bad on the DARK green.

I was probably going to hit it with some DACP on the red pad. I followed your suggestion and have one pad for each product. Already have one red pad for DACP and AIO. I`ve got one brand new red pad. Do you see any detriment to using a red pad with the WG cleanser?

Beemerboy
11-05-2004, 03:26 PM
I`ve used the WG polish with my PC using a cutting pad or polishing depending on what I needed done. It does a great job so I would say yes you are on the right trackwith a PC
I think that the high gloss sealant is one of the best shines I have seen. I have also always done this by hand that`s just me. I have read that many here use a PC with a finish pad for sealant.

IMO you can`t go wrong with WG line-up.

Totoland Mach
11-05-2004, 04:46 PM
I use WG sealant with a Meg`s 9006 pad. Works great on my wife`s Pathfinder (metallic brown) and have also used it on my `03 Mach 1 with excellent results.

I especially like the durability of WG on the Pathfinder which is a daily driver. The Mach is a show/limited driver which stays in the garage under a weathershield, so pretty much anything I use is good.