PDA

View Full Version : Brookstone Foam Gun

imported_The Uncle
11-22-2004, 02:30 PM
http://www.brookstone.com/shop/product.asp?product_code=446526&search_type=search&search_words=hose&prodtemp=t1

I bought one, and tried it out this weekend.

My advice: give it a pass. Definitely not worth the money. It doesn`t foam at all (which is predictable, I guess). basically, it will allow you to spray some soapy water onto your car, but is certainly not sufficient to eliminate the need for a bucket. Moroever, it is clunky and hard use as a standard nozel.

Basically, It think you are better off with a plain spray bottle and a nice fireman type of nozzle. But, this particular gadget does not do much of anything.

Bill D
11-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Yeah, if you want a true foam gun, the Butchers or the one I got locally that can be seen on automagic.com is the one to get.

Eliot Ness
11-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Bill, isn`t the Simple Green foamer like the one you and Accumulator have?

http://www.safetyplus.net/CandJproducts.html#56SG13291

Bill D
11-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Looks very close, I can`t tell if it has the same sort of brass sliding ratio adjuster. Wow, that holds a half gallon. Nice. That one may indeed be the best online source for a pro foam gun.

Eliot Ness
11-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Looks very close, I can`t tell if it has the same sort of brass sliding ratio adjuster. Wow, that holds a half gallon. Nice. That one may indeed be the best online source for a pro foam gun.

I put that one on the Christmas list I gave my wife, so I guess if Santa doesn`t bring it I`ll just have to order it.... thanks.

imported_mrecktid
11-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Don`t forget to look on ebay, that`s where I got mine :)

Corey Bit Spank
11-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Return it and get one of those nifty massagers. Oh dear :)

imported_The Uncle
11-22-2004, 10:32 PM
LOL. It would probably be a little more useful (well, at least for some things).

OI812
11-24-2004, 08:50 PM
It kind of goes to show--If it doesn`t look like a foam gun then it`s probably not a foam gun.

Bill D
12-01-2004, 05:32 PM
It appears from the threads about foam guns both here and on Detail City that the real foam guns known available are:

The Gilmour foam gun ( seen on automagic.com)

Butchers foam gun ( appears identical but different colors)

Simple Green foam gun

I don`t think anyone reported back on the Simple Green variety yet and IIRC it`s cumbersome to get the Butchers online and the Gilmour from Auto Magic is rather pricey at $72.

I purchase mine locally, the same as the $72 one, for a total of $58. The store does ship but I do not believe it is in the rules of the forum for me to post the contact info/# here for anyone interested :nixweiss

BookemDano
12-01-2004, 08:15 PM
I just bought the foam gun from Automagic. I`m hoping to to get it before this weekend. I also bought not one, but TWO GritGuards! That way I can use the foam gun and rinse twice! :)

Bill D
12-01-2004, 08:16 PM
That`s the way to go! :up