PDA

View Full Version : Kristallklar Premium smearing?

n2_space
11-22-2004, 11:19 AM
On one of my last orders, I got some Kristallklar Premium. While it cleans VERY well, when I spray it and use the wipers, my windsheild is VERY smeared (not streaked, but the whole windsheild is smeared), after about 10 seconds while driving it is perfectly clean. If it is raining however, it smears for much longer. H

aving a comletely smeared windsheild is dangerous This is happening on both cars I have treated (haven`t done my third car yet). Any one else have this problem or am I doing something wrong? I have been very pleased with every 1z product I have used, and KP is no exception except for this smearing :(

imported_vindaloo
11-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Maybe try a treatment of `Glas Polish` might cure this. I use the GP every 4 weeks or so then the Kristallklar Premium on intermediate weeks. I haven`t noticed any streaking but just amazed how much dirt GP removes

imported_Macgirl
11-23-2004, 11:52 AM
No streaking here but I do as vindaloo, use some 1Z Glas Polish once a month or so. If you still have a problem you should email or call 1Z for help. Check the website for contact info., www.1z-usa.com

Good Luck

imported_garyo
11-23-2004, 02:44 PM
I have used it in for about a 2 months now with none of the problems you discribe.

Do you clean your wiper blades very often?

n2_space
11-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Wiper blades, like the rest of the car are as clean as can be. I cleaned them again this weekend a second time (besides car wash) with 50/50 iso alcohol/water mix.

What do you mean you use KP on the intermidate weeks? KP is a windsheild washer booster ????

n2_space
11-23-2004, 08:46 PM
I think I just found my problem :o Someone slap me... I must have misread the directions, I added the booster to windsheild washer fluid, not water. I guess this would explain it :o I really goofed this one :( :doh

imported_vindaloo
11-24-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by n2_space

What do you mean you use KP on the intermidate weeks? KP is a windsheild washer booster ????

My apologies, got confused. I do use the washer booster with no problems, but I use the 1Z glass cleaner on intermediate weeks as well as the Glas Polish every 4 weeks or so.