PDA

View Full Version : Interior glass part of exterior detail?

imported_UnsanePyro
11-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Well, the other day I spent some much needed time with my moms car (2000 Toyota Solara SLE V6 black on black). Washed, clayed, then some Klasse AIO + SG. I got done with the car and it was dark out, and something seemed incomplete, so I went and got a drink and came back to it. I noticed that the windows were dirty, and it was really taking away from the whole car, so I went ahead and got inside to clean them all off.

Just wondering if you guys consider glass, exterior and interior, part of an exterior detail?

It gets another coat of SG tomorrow, along with my car :bounce

scottabir
11-21-2004, 06:31 PM
I do the windows as part of the exterior detail package.

It takes away from the looks of the exterior too much if left alone.

imported_Burlyq
11-22-2004, 01:30 AM
No leave them dirty, common man.

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-22-2004, 03:22 AM
Yes, I would consider cleaning interior and exterior glass part of an exterior detail. I would also consider cleaning interior and exterior glass part of an interior detail too.

togwt
11-22-2004, 09:35 AM
~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations~

Detailed:

A term used to describe the process of cleaning, polishing and applying protection to vehicle surfaces. Implying that every part of the vehicle has been cleaned and protected from the elements; including, the engine compartment, trunk, wheels and fender wells, tyres, paint film and glass surfaces (convertible top) and the entire interior.

Scottwax
11-22-2004, 10:32 AM
If you aren`t going to clean the inside of the windows, why bother with the outside of them then?

Of course you should clean windows inside and out.

mtodde
11-22-2004, 10:47 AM
I have mixed feelings here...it really isn`t part of the exterior, but it definitely takes away from the look so I tend to do the interior glass too.

As a non-professional it is more of a preference thing to me...all I ask is for someone helps pay for my supplies...if they try to weasel out of buying supplies or act unappreciative then I`ll hand them the glass cleaner & a microfiber and tell them to do it...interior work isn`t as much fun, LOL.

Lowejackson
11-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Glass is also a critical safety area, dirty or smeared glass is harder to see through.

MongooseGA
11-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Why is it that whenever I use any kind of glass cleaner (including SIG) that the windows look streaky and drity fomr the inside-out when I look towards a light? I use a low-no knap glass cleaning cloth to wipe off the cleaner, then an MF to buff off any residues. Somehow, they still look dirty...?

And yes, the interior glass should still be cleaned. It can be seen as a simple maintenance procedure if not even a safety precaution.