PDA

View Full Version : Simple Green and Leather Cleaning...

BRUHA
11-20-2004, 01:57 PM
Hsa anyone ever used Simple Green to clean their leather???

smfrycruzr
11-20-2004, 02:21 PM
i hope not. Very acidic. Just use a mix of woolite and water or something similar.

Pondscum
11-20-2004, 03:47 PM
I use Lexol products exclusively on my leather. Their cleaner is Ph neutral and has no fragrances or coloring. Then I follow up with their leather conditioner. They have some great tips for leather treatment on their web site.

Kanchou
11-20-2004, 03:53 PM
i heard that the Military has said to not use Simple Green on aircraft anymore. . .any truth to this?

Pondscum
11-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Kanchou

i heard that the Military has said to not use Simple Green on aircraft anymore. . .any truth to this?

I heard something about the military found it can remove protective coatings in some instances. The stuff has a moderately high Ph (higher than Dawn) and should definitely not be used on leather.

imported_UnsanePyro
11-21-2004, 06:31 PM
My parents used to use it to wash the cars with, I wouldn`t put it near my leather. I would think the smell would sort of stick around and be pretty unpleasent, to say the least.

Bill D
11-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Kanchou

Yeah I heard that too, a claim it can actually weaken the structure of aluminium and other aviation materials (?) :scared

I`d like to see a direct source where this is stated.

Scottwax
11-21-2004, 09:15 PM
It should say on the bottle of Simple Green not to use it on leather.

the other pc
11-21-2004, 11:01 PM
If I may quote the Simple Green bottle: Ãâ‚Å“DO NOT USE ON PLASTIC INSTRUMENT PANELS, LEATHER, SUEDE, UNFINISHED WOOD, OPALS OR PEARLS.Ãâ‚Â

PC.