PDA

View Full Version : How long after AIO application....

66#1
11-20-2004, 11:17 AM
How long after an initial AIO application can you top with Zaino or something else? I used AIO on my daily driver two weeks ago,and I intend to seal it with Zaino. Due to rain and work, I`ve been unable to do so. Will it still be ok?

Does anybody NOT put anything else on top of AIO? Man, my beater needed a polishing pretty bad! AIO made a huge difference, and I just used a Craftsman buffer. That stuff rocks! My car looks pretty good I must say.

White95Max
11-20-2004, 12:13 PM
I would say just go over the car with AIO again if you`re worried about the product being gone. The protection AIO leaves behind isn`t very substantial, so it could be gone.

Just apply AIO again just to make sure.

AIO looks nice by itself, but you should always top it with something because you need a good protective layer on top.

Intercooled
11-20-2004, 12:30 PM
IMO, AIO isn`t a good LSP but is probably the best preLSP step. I would apply AIO again, or if the car is pretty clean , a good wash with some good shampoo.

AIO needs no cure time. You can apply your top coat immediately following.

66#1
11-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks everyone! The car is pretty clean because it has only been driven back and forth to work, and none in the rain. I thought about just washing it and going for an LSP, but I think I will go for more AIO first. The stuff is easy to work with for sure.

smfrycruzr
11-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Intercooled, I`d love to see some pics of your car. I`ve got a GNX on my desktop wallpaper right now. Gorgeous Car!!!

audipower
11-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Definetly go over with AIO again, then put a coat of SG on it. That will make the AIO lost alot longer. Then put a coat of Zaino on. Make sure the Zaino you use doesn`t have a cleaner in it, so it won`t remove the SG or AIO.

Clay, Sonus Precleaner, Sonus SFX Polishes, AIO, SGx2 and P21S (wax). You`ll be ready for winter. Try this, appy SG all at once and let sit for 24 hrs. Make sure it`s not going to rain and keep it out of direct sunlight. That will allow it to harden so you can coat it better. Then apply another coat of SG and you can let it sit for 24 hrs or just do it in an hour. Try to put a coat of wax on.

66#1
11-20-2004, 10:51 PM
It rained tonight, and it appears the AIO doesn`t bead water very well.

I don`t have any SG because I didn`t think you needed it also to layer Zaino on AIO.

I have ZFX and Z5 and Z2. Which one do I go with? Either one should work shouldn`t it. I know what each is suppposed to be used for.

audipower
11-21-2004, 12:05 AM
It protects it much better than wax, because wax doesn`t last longer than SG (6 mnths).

Check out this great "article" on Zaino from the great people @ Autopia!

http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/zaino.html

ZFX is fine. I think Z2 is the lightest polish and Z5 is for swirl marks and oxidation. So if you have paint blemishes then use Z2, but if you have them use Z2 first and then see if it clears them up. If not then use Z5, then AIO, then ZFX.

Sorry, never used Zaino before. I`m a Klasse, Sonus, P21S guy!

Intercooled
11-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Dcopp, I just got a digital camera and my car is away for winter. The pics I have are too big to post but I could email some to ya. Just PM me.

66#1
11-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the tips! I like Zaino, but it has lasted for me for some strange reason. I hope the AIO base fixes the problem! I sure can`t complain about the AIO!!!