PDA

View Full Version : advise on new black car

Michaelelts
11-19-2004, 07:33 PM
I am no stranger to detailing see belowhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/dashotgun/supra/aio2.jpg

any way I just bought a new 05 black on black TL. Despite horror stories I have heard the dealer acutally did a nice new car detail and there is NO swirls at all. I plan:

wash Clay AIO and SG probably about 6 layers and then the Ps21 topper. I have ahd good luck with the supra and my other cars with this regiman. Any other ideas for Black?

Michaelelts
11-19-2004, 08:03 PM
by wax I also mean AIO

jimmybuffit
11-20-2004, 04:07 AM
Here`s a thought, just in case...

After you AIO, check the paint, in the bright sun. Assure yourself that the Dealer didn`t use a glaze of some sort - because it will hide swirl marks for a period of time.

I recently `corrected` a new (black, 1600 mi) Mazda RX8.

Machine induced swirls on all vertical surfaces that were not noticed for 6 or 8 weeks...

So, b4 you spend all that time with layers of SG...

BTW, I would follow the same plan, altho 3 layers of SG would do it for me. Good Luck!

Jim

ALAN81
11-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Jimmy is dead right make sure the dealer didn`t use glaze to hide the swirls. I ownd plenty of black cars new and this is what I did

wash

clay

wash again

SOUVERN

5 days later wash and wax again

Im not a big fan of AIO but thats me

CONGRADS the TL is one beautiful car ENJOY

Michaelelts
11-20-2004, 09:09 AM
I just washed it and inspected it there was some sort of residue on it probably a glaze but still no to minimal swirls. the build date on the car is 11/04 any wait on putting the polymers or wax on it?