PDA

View Full Version : Sonus All In 1 Total auto Cleaner

jonw440
11-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Now this is a cool product!

It comes with it`s own 16 oz mixing bottle and sprayer. Just mix the strength you need. Straight for heavy duty (engine degreasing) to cleaning fabric interiors.

Heavy degreasing Full Strength to 10:1

Extractors/Steam cleaners 10:1 to 100:1

Engine degreasing Full Strength to 20:1

Vinyl/Leather/Plastics/Rubber 30:1

Carpet/Fabric spot removal Full Strength to 10:1

General carpet/fabric cleaning 20:1

Bugs/Tar/Exterior Road Oil 40:1

Mold/Mildew removal 10:1 to 30:1

Wax Removal 30:1

Fabric&Vinyl Cabriolet tops 30:1

I mixed mine to clean the vinyl and rubber trim, tires,and interior pieces.

The only trouble I had was with the tires. They came cleaner but the white letters where still not as white as I would have thought. BUT everything else came out nice and clean! Plastic running boards on the Wife`s 04 Durango came out perfectly clean! As well as the interior (including the leather seats)

I think next time I will NOT wet the tire down first as this cleaner is NOT like any of the "other cleaners"
ALL-IN-1 Total Auto Cleaner is not a detergent. It is an ionic cleaner that works by breaking the bond between soil and the car`s finish so it can be wiped or rinsed away. The ionic action requires time to work, but can be accelerated by agitation with a sponge or brush. The cleaning action is so effective that the same types of cleaners have been successfully used to clean the crude oil from wildlife after a tanker spill.

Over all I give this a "worth trying". Once I "learn how to use this" I will probably give it a better rating.

raymond_ho2002
11-19-2004, 10:10 PM
The description reminds me of this:

Colloidal Action. 303 Aerospace Cleaner uses the advanced technology developed for dispersing oil spills and slicks on the open ocean. It is great for automotive care. Use it to degrease engines... it cuts and dissolves even the heaviest greasy build-up. Use it to wipe away road oil, safely clean vinyl, metals, paint, plastic, rubber...even carpet and upholstery. It sounds strange, we know, but 303 Aerospace Cleaner is powerful enough to clean oil tanker holds and degrease engines, yet is safe enough to wash fruits and vegetables!

Here`s a link:

http://www.autogeek.net/303aecl.html

Nikon
11-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Hmmm, if Ai1 is anything like 303 I`m not sure I`d be that interested. I used 303 once and I felt that it didn`t work nearly as well as P21S Total Auto Wash, which is my standard heavy duty cleaner. In my opinion the P21S product is far better, smells nice, penetrates well, rinses clean and generally does what it claims.

So if Ai1 is like 303 I won`t even bother buying it to test.

BTW I`ve found that the real test (for me at least) of the effectiveness of these types of cleaners is how well they do cleaning wheel wells.

Does anyone else have a perspective on the comparison to P21S Total Auto Wash?

imported_memnuts
11-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Nikon

Hmmm, if Ai1 is anything like 303 I`m not sure I`d be that interested. I used 303 once and I felt that it didn`t work nearly as well as P21S Total Auto Wash, which is my standard heavy duty cleaner. In my opinion the P21S product is far better, smells nice, penetrates well, rinses clean and generally does what it claims.

So if Ai1 is like 303 I won`t even bother buying it to test.

BTW I`ve found that the real test (for me at least) of the effectiveness of these types of cleaners is how well they do cleaning wheel wells.

Does anyone else have a perspective on the comparison to P21S Total Auto Wash?

I do not think the user of this product compared it to any other product line. A non-user made a comment about a literature comparison. Not really valid or worth running with.

IMO

I have tried this product on interior cleaning on 2 vehicles(both beige/brown) this weekend. It works great. Follow directions (especially dwelling instructions) and mixing concentrations (I used ~30:1 water: All-in-1). First time my wife actually called me from one of the vehicles to tell me that she really noticed a significant brighting of the vinyl and leather. not bleached or just clean but new appearing. I too had noticed this appearance enhancement but her comments verified my opinion.

Still working on using this product for other detailing jobs (tires, minor engine detailing, carpets, etc before I post my review.)

Initially do I like this product? No. I love this product!. No to very low fragrance, aggressive against dirt without being harsh, and leaves surfaces like new.

Though there is a dwell time that must be learned thru experimentation for different levels of clean-up, this learning curve for interiors took only about 1/4 of an interior. Dwelling is not a problem because like an assembly line, one area is dwelling while another is being wiped-off. :xyxthumbs

That`s it so far. :wavey

Nikon
11-24-2004, 07:11 PM
It definately depends on the intended use. It sounds like this is a good interior cleaner.