PDA

View Full Version : detail king products

00blackroush
11-19-2004, 03:29 AM
just wondering if anybody ever used his stuff i never heard of him but he is only right down the road from me just give me your 2 cents thanks :)

imported_Burlyq
11-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Heres 50 cents worth,

I have been detailing for years, 19 to be exact. I have spent 10 percent of my profits on research and development and continue to do so ever since I started. I recently added detail kings Glare product to the list of products I use for my customers cars. Here`s the low down, it (Glare) is a sealant that protects like a carnuba. Water spots, bird terd, tar just wipe off. It lasts long and is very glossy, not shiney though. Easy on Easy off. I suggest cutting it in with a white pad (first coat) then doing second coat by hand, if your looking for the longest possible shine. Dont put a third, it wont do much good, this stuff isn`t a layering type product. Feel free to put a finishing wax next day, s100 is what I prefer.

Pevs, wear gloves when applying it will make your hands look like you were in salt water for a long time. It is expensive, one bottle will do 4 cars if you put two coats on, 8 if you put one, (try to put on thinly, but its muddy consistancy so its a little hard). It has a dust and powder residue, and if your not careful it will get into trim lines. It is not as bad as other carnubas but their are cleaner products to use like Zaino. Dont buy their Glare detail spray it`s a joke! If I had a sports car I`d prefer using Zaino, but for my customers who come to me primarily for protecting their paint with the thrills being secondairy, you cant go wrong with this stuff. Having said that, I prefer Zaino in every catagory to this except protection. Sometimes water spots can be a drag with Zaino even right after you apply it, this does not happen with glare. The worst water spots wipe right off, even after 4 plus months just use any QDSP and they still wipe right out. This is a worthy product but I still love Zaino, it is the standard. If you wax your Zaino sealed car bi-weekly there`s no reason to use this stuff. If your lazy about your detailing and you just want a long lasting product w/o the thrills, give it a shot. Your outa change so I hope this helped. Q