PDA

View Full Version : PC or not to PC

rockyram
11-18-2004, 11:22 PM
I have been reading some threads lately that are questioning the neccesitity of the PC for certain products.I have been thinking about ordering one for awhile but never did.Anyway, I will tell you the the vehicle paint and products I have and please tell me which ones or any are best applied or removed with the PC.I would have to order from Carcaresmart.com, so the package with a set of pads would be around $250.The vehicle is a 98 Black Dodge Ram.The newest products I have to play with are

-Megs#16

-Klasse AIO

-Megs NXT Wax (also numerous other products such as Mothers Clay Bar System,Mothers Cleaner Wax,etc.)

I would like to also use a more heavy cleaning compound(DACP or lighter) occasionaly.

Is the PC worth the investment or not.Also ,do they ever break down.Is it worth the extra $40 to buy it from Can. Tire for ease of return?

tailwind
11-18-2004, 11:35 PM
IMO, worth it for polishes.

Not worth it for AIO-type products and LSPs.

beastie
11-18-2004, 11:42 PM
In my opinion, AIO by PC gives better results. AIO by hand is faster and easier on paint that is already in good condition and doesn`t need a lot of "scrubbing". DACP is done with PC because less time & effort is involved. The PC is very well made and heavy duty. Well worth the money paid for it.

DCT
11-19-2004, 04:25 AM
I too like to apply AIO with a PC. I also like to apply the first coat of NXT with a PC. Having said that, you certainly don`t "need" a PC to get good result with those products. However, if you do plan on starting to play around with polishes for better prep work, a PC will come in quite handy, save a lot of elbow grease, and will help achieve better results.

sQuashed
11-19-2004, 06:17 AM
Yes Sir, it is a wonderful tool to have. The only item I dont use it for is the final wax, but thats not saying you cant. There are always going to be times where you want(or need) to do it by hand , but nonetheless, Its a valuble tool in my box.

NXT with a PC on a BLACK ride...AWESOME !!!

Besides, the PC....Tastes Great........Less Filling.....Tastes Great........Less Filling.....Tastes Great........Less Filling.....Tastes Great........Less Filling.....Tastes Great........Less Filling.....Tastes Great........Less Filling.....Tastes Great........Less Filling.....

Oh wait.. Thats a beer commercial. Nevermind:nixweiss

Accumulator
11-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah, if you can afford it, get it. I even use it for Meg`s #16. IMO anything I can do by hand I can do better/faster/easier by PC. Just no way I can match all those orbits-per-minute manually. And the motions of using a PC are a lot easier on my shoulders than the motions of doing things by hand.

Heh heh, the first time you do something awkward, like polish a rocker panel, with the PC you`ll think "man, that was really worth the $".

I prefer the Cyclo myself, but it costs a lot more.