PDA

View Full Version : Did I cause alot of damage?

r0dxx
11-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Back in my PA days (pre autopia) which was only a few weeks ago...I use to use Meguiars Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid wax about every 3-4 months and wash my car about every week. My car sits outside in the sun all the time. And its black...

Did I cause alot of paint damage?

acl99
11-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Your in better shape than most non-autopians, you did no harm to your car :D

r0dxx
11-18-2004, 06:00 PM
hahahah dude u got a 98cl?

I got a 97 2.2cl, dropped, rims, everything. You on Acura-cl.com?

The reason I thought I did damage is because...Most people here say gold class only lasts for about 1 month-1.5month so for almost 2 months my car has no protection in the blazing sun?

Lowejackson
11-19-2004, 01:46 AM
I would recommend wash & clay and then evaluate the paint for swirls etc but I would not overly worry about damage

LightngSVT
11-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Consisdering most people are lucky to wash their cars every couple months and maybe wax 1-2 times a year you were doing much better than most. I dont think you did any damage per se. However depending on applicators, toweels and techniques you could have done damage ion the forms of swirl marks and light scratches. But thats nothing a PC and some practice cant get rid of! Part of the fun of being Autopian.

vdog0531
11-19-2004, 10:33 AM
washing and waxing your car isn`t causing damage. you might not have "prevented" damage in the best way possible but itsnot like you were scrubbing your car with sandpaper or anything.

Vernon