PDA

View Full Version : I got the ultimate compliment today!

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
11-18-2004, 05:13 PM
I do one step exterior details for a company who uses them as incentives for their employees. Today, I had two to do, a red Grand Cherokee and a black Dakota. Both were in decent shape, so I just used NXT with a Megs polishing pad.

The guy with the Dakota came out when he noticed I was picking all my supplies up and looked over his truck. He seemed very pleased and tipped me even though his company pays for the work. He really liked how his wheels and fenderwells looked and commented on how deep the paint looked. I thanked him for his compliments and the tip and as he walked back to the office, he turned around and looked at his truck again.

It really made my day, even my week. Tons of rain so my mood hasn`t been real good...and rain on Saturday and Monday now forecast.

When you get the turnaround, you know they are happy! :xyxthumbs

stilez
11-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Ah the infamous double take :D

I double take my car all the time, but I agree...to someone who is not obsessive to do the double take means something special.

It`s no surprise this is coming from you as you`ve shown us all the caliber of work you do.

I hope we`re getting pics of this things now :D

gnahc79
11-18-2004, 05:27 PM
sweet :xyxthumbs. I`ve had a few customers get a little carried away with feeling how smooth the paint is after I`m done. I`m thinking `Whoa there buddy, this is a public place` and `Noooo! Fingerprints!!`. :D

Scottwax
11-18-2004, 05:45 PM
I will have pics when I finish this roll. I did see something that really pi$$ed me off though. In addition to the two exterior details, I also washed a 325ci. Some businessmen came out of another office and stopped between the 325 and another vehicle. One of the guys sets a stack of papers on the trunk lid of the Bimmer. It wasn`t even his car, but he seemed to think he was entitled to use it as a shelf! I walked over and politely said, "I just finished washing that car and I`d like it to stay clean at least until the owner sees it". He looked at me funny and then I said "laying anything on a car can easily scratch it". He picked up the papers and walks off with his buddies to one of their cars and lays the papers down again on that car. :rolleyes:

imported_Larry A
11-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Theres jerks born every minute.

salty
11-18-2004, 08:16 PM
That`s why i find more satifaction in the exterior. The interior might look good and it might smell good and it even might be a little girlish but you have to be a man`s man to enjoy the nice clean shiny paint. It must be a man thing. I know that there are females here, but they know what i`m talking about.

And to the paper boy, I bet a little "wash me" on his car might get your message across.

Dinzdale40
11-18-2004, 08:28 PM
the double take.....oh yea....i walk away from my car backwards......at least until the lights go out

Rob Tomlin
11-18-2004, 08:38 PM
I agree that a "double take" is the ultimate compliment! This is what we are striving for when we detail our vehicles.

zainoshine
11-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I will have pics when I finish this roll. I did see something that really pi$$ed me off though. In addition to the two exterior details, I also washed a 325ci. Some businessmen came out of another office and stopped between the 325 and another vehicle. One of the guys sets a stack of papers on the trunk lid of the Bimmer. It wasn`t even his car, but he seemed to think he was entitled to use it as a shelf! I walked over and politely said, "I just finished washing that car and I`d like it to stay clean at least until the owner sees it". He looked at me funny and then I said "laying anything on a car can easily scratch it". He picked up the papers and walks off with his buddies to one of their cars and lays the papers down again on that car. :rolleyes:

I hate people.

vdog0531
11-18-2004, 08:56 PM
that is a great compliment! i always wish i could park my finished details outside my window so i can constantly look at them:)

Vernon

ps. looking forward to the pics:)

SilverLexus
11-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Great compliment Scott and judging from your past photos well deserved.

C. Charles Hahn
11-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by vdog0531

that is a great compliment! i always wish i could park my finished details outside my window so i can constantly look at them:)

Vernon

ps. looking forward to the pics:)

Every time I finish a detail, I take a bunch of pics, and whatever one comes out best is the desktop wallpaper on my computer for until I do the next detail.

Needless to say, I sit at the computer staring at my desktop alot :o

Peter Crowl
11-18-2004, 09:09 PM

I had someone do that to my car at a car show. I mean...at a car show!

A friend literally had to hold me back.

Peter..who does not often loose his cool...but can if he has to...in Denver

Scottwax
11-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

Needless to say, I sit at the computer staring at my desktop alot :o

I do the same but my desktop is NextdoorNikki! http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/dancingnaughty.gif

C. Charles Hahn
11-18-2004, 09:54 PM

I do the same but my desktop is NextdoorNikki! http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/dancingnaughty.gif

:rofl instead of looking at my desktop like :cool: I`d be more like :shocked :up

:o