PDA

View Full Version : I love Blackfire

Jimbo46
11-18-2004, 02:11 PM
cliffs - Tired of other LSP`s and am going back to BF for its look and durability.

I`ve been trying a few different LSP`s lately. Tried EX-P for the past 6 months and before that jumped on the NXT bandwagon, and quickly jumped off.

I recently took a 2 week business trip and had to leave my beloved auto outside. When I returned, the EX-P I had on for the past month or so, was completely gone.

On the other hand the BF that I had on my significant others car for the past 5 months is still beading and looking great.

So yesterday I went back to BF and can`t be happier. The application process is definitely more difficult than NXT or EX-P (or the #26 I used for years). It`s smear-y and takes forever to dry/cure. But once it does, it looks great both on my silver car and the black/ dark cars it was designed for.

I think for me I`m gonna deal with the slightly more difficult application process and reap the durability rewards.

My process was:

-NXT wash

-Mother`s clay

-SSR1 with PC on 4/5 wipe with Pakshak MF

-Blackfire Polish with PC on 4/5 wipe with pakshak MF

-Blakcfire Sealant with MF hand applicator buff with Pakshak MF (after a 3 hour wait/dry/cure time)

a.k.a. Patrick
11-18-2004, 04:47 PM
I think for me I`m gonna deal with the slightly more difficult application process and reap the durability rewards.

Excellent philosophy! I love BF and it is my go to for personal vehicles....

Scottwax
11-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Why am I not suprised that Patrick was the first to respond to this thead? :lol

I really need to try this stuff, I guess.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Scott, Im a magnet to this stuff, UPP is a close second...lol

Jimbo46
11-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Excellent philosophy! I love BF and it is my go to for personal vehicles....

How long do you usually wait before you wipe/buff the sealant off after application? I`ve found that the longer I leave it on the easier it is to take off. I`m also curious to see if Bill North`s WOO method would work with BF. Any thoughts?:)

Scottwax
11-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Scott, Im a magnet to this stuff, UPP is a close second...lol

Yeah, UPP rocks. The slickness is incredible, I just wish it had more depth.

Corey Bit Spank
11-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Why am I not suprised that Patrick was the first to respond to this thead? :lol

I really need to try this stuff, I guess.

If I still had some left I`d send you some, but I gave away the rest of mine to GSRstilez and he hasn`t used it yet. :( :D

a.k.a. Patrick
11-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 808se

How long do you usually wait before you wipe/buff the sealant off after application? I`ve found that the longer I leave it on the easier it is to take off. I`m also curious to see if Bill North`s WOO method would work with BF. Any thoughts?:)

Personally, i actually recommend letting it cure a bit in the sun....As long as its not windy out, it helps the oils thin and cure IMO. An hr minimum in the shade, about 15 minutes in the sun is great. After initial wipedown, take it back in the sun just long enought o allow the surface to warm up. Then wipe down one more time. Qd 24 hrs later if you have uneveness.....