PDA

View Full Version : Questions on nxt and booster application

Wicho
11-17-2004, 03:37 PM
I want to know if I am prepping and appyling this stuff right. I wash the car with megs nxt car soap. Then I just apply nxt wax, let haze and wipe off. I also want to know if it`s ok to hose down the car with water and then dry and apply some nxt wax booster stuff ? How should I be applying the booster ? I want my paint to stay slick inbetween waxes and wanted to use this method. Also, I wash my car every sunday or saturday, is this too much, can I juse hose down the car as stated above ? Thanks

Wicho
11-17-2004, 03:44 PM
I want to hose down the car with water and apply booster every other week and wash every week that I don`t.

raymond_ho2002
11-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Washing once a week is pretty typical of people on this board.

In your second post you say that you want to just hose down the car after a week without washing.. It really depends on how much you drive the car, but most likely this is too long to go to just hose down and use a spray. If you drive once a week in a low-dust area and garage it the rest of the time, i guess it would be ok to hose and spray.

YukonG
11-17-2004, 04:34 PM
IMO I think a week is about as long as you should go without washing your vehicle (weather permitting). It`s probably a good idea to get out the soap and bucket, as you can`t always see the contaminants that are "stuck" to your paint after a week. Hosing off the car may not get off all of the contaminants and you may wind up scratching your car while drying it off. Just something to think about.

Pondscum
11-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Wicho

I want to hose down the car with water and apply booster every other week and wash every week that I don`t.

NXT booster is OK to use once per week.

Just hosing down the vehicle is not a good idea. You might remove some of the dust and dirt, but there`s also going to be a lot of it left behind. Then when you start applying the NXT booster, you`re going to drag the remaining dirt across the surface which is going to cause tiny scratches which will dull your finish and may leave scratches.

If you just have a layer of dust on the vehicle and it`s only a little dirty, there`s a couple of things you can do. The first is to use a duster like the OXO duster, or the CCD. The wax in the duster will pull the dust away from the surface and remove it. You can also use a QD. If you like Mequiar`s products, they make a QD which you should be able to find wherever you bought the NXT. Use the QD in conjunction with a good MF towel. QDs have lubricants in them which prevent the dirt from scratching the surface as it`s removed.