PDA

View Full Version : Ordered PC and Klasse, now what?

Pages : [1] 2

B737Capt
11-17-2004, 12:57 PM
My new PC with Sonus pads and buffing bonnets are in the mail. I also ordered the Klasse Twins and some Souverän. :bounce Now I need some help!

1. What pads do I use to apply AIO? Remove?

2. What pads do I use to apply SG? Remove?

3. What pads do I use to apply Souverän? Remove?

Any other help would be much appreciated! Thanks!:wavey

andrew300
11-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by B737Capt

My new PC with Sonus pads and buffing bonnets are in the mail. I also ordered the Klasse Twins and some Souverän. :bounce Now I need some help!

1. What pads do I use to apply AIO? Remove?

2. What pads do I use to apply SG? Remove?

3. What pads do I use to apply Souverän? Remove?

Any other help would be much appreciated! Thanks!:wavey

I would use the polishing blue pad for the aio and remove with a good mf towel. for the sg i would use it by hand with the WOWO method with a damp mf towel. souveran with hand also and remove with high quality mf towel and sit back and enjoy.

andrew300
11-17-2004, 02:53 PM
oh and make sure you wait 24 hours between coats of sg (you should put 3 coats of it on for best results or 2 atleast) you need to let it bond as you cannot layer it. then put the wax on a week later. just make sure you wash it before. thats the only pita part about that setup other than sg is a pain to buff out if you put too much. thin layer for the sg. thinner the better.

B737Capt
11-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Kind of sounds like the PC isn`t used for much. Maybe I should have saved my money.

andrew300
11-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by B737Capt

Kind of sounds like the PC isn`t used for much. Maybe I should have saved my money.

what? pc is one of the greatest tools in auto detailing. you can use it for everything and it is faster and easier. you deffinately need one if your trying to get out any paint defects and it also can be used with all kinds of different pads and products. i love my pc.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-17-2004, 09:25 PM
I dont think i would hesitate to use for the Sg ....?

Not that I use a lot of SG, but why not ?

Pondscum
11-17-2004, 11:38 PM
The PC is great for polishing. This is the area in which the PC is a tremendous labor saver.

As was said previously, use a blue pad with the AIO. Some people use a grey pad to apply SG and Souverän. Just make sure you put the SG and Souverän on the pad extremely light.

You can use a MF bonnet over a pad to buff. The only drawback to this is the bonnet fills up with wax fairly quickly so you have to either turn it over or put a new bonnet on.

Dalton
11-18-2004, 05:55 AM
I use a DF MF Bonnet after I remove my LSP. Its like a final buff and maked a brilliant shine. PC Saves alot of time and your arm as well.

B737Capt
11-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Ok, so I can use the PC to apply SG and Souverän by using the grey pad. How do I know how much to put on the pad? Is there a way to measure? Is it better to apply by hand as manawar mentioned?

The MF Bonnets can they be used to remove AIO, SG or Souverän? I will have two of them but it sounds like they will cake up too fast.

What does LSP mean?

Sorry for all the questions guys! Most of this stuff is new to me and I dont want to screw the paint up on my new black car. Thanks again for your input!

imported_The Uncle
11-18-2004, 09:06 AM
LSP is last stage product.

AIO and SG (with the WOWO method) are easy to remove by hand with a microfiber cloth. The PC might not add as much in those cases.

B737Capt
11-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Ok so I guess this is the sequence of events I should follow:

1. Wash with NXT

2. Clay

3. Wash again

4. Apply AIO with PC and blue pad (How long shouold I let this dry?)

5. Remove with MF buffing towel

6. Apply SG by hand and remove with MF buffing towel using WOWO method.

7. Repeat step 6 one or two more times with 24 hour cure times.

8. After at least 24 hours apply Souverän by hand and remove with MF buffing towel.

Is that about right?

sQuashed
11-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Thats a great routine if your paint is swirl (and defect) free :)

imported_The Uncle
11-18-2004, 12:32 PM
B737Capt - AIO does not need to "dry." You can buff it off any excess (which should not be substantial) right after you apply.

B737Capt
11-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Thats a great routine if your paint is swirl (and defect) free

The paint is swirl free on my GTO. However I was going to use the same process on my wife Mazda6 which has some very minor swirls. Should I use something on the Mazda in addition to AIO?

AIO does not need to "dry." You can buff it off any excess (which should not be substantial) right after you apply.

So should I apply to one panel at a time and then buff off or can I apply to entire car and then buff?

Thanks again guys!

imported_The Uncle
11-18-2004, 12:59 PM
With AIO, there isn`t that much to buff off. But, with both AIO and SG, it should be fine to wipe on and wipe off.

Remember, you are using AIO to clean the car and provide a foundation for the SG. The real protection is going to come from the multiple layers of SG.