PDA

View Full Version : rain and detailspray

cwcad
11-17-2004, 11:28 AM
just thought i would ask a question about detail spray. it has been raining for days here where i am at and i am about to go nuts. have washed and wiped and dried and buffed but to no avail. it just keeps raining. my question is .... would it be a waist of product to use a detail spray on a vehicle that is outside in the rain while it is raining.? i hope everyone knows that i just want to use my new gallon of last touch detail spray that i got from meguiars. i need someone to tell me if i am crazy or not.

even though it says i am from alaska i am vacationing in texas for the winter. i have a garage in fairbanks to work on my truck whenever i want to.

togwt
11-17-2004, 12:07 PM
~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations~

Detailing sprays (QD`s) consist mainly of water so if you fell you must spray and wipe your vehicleâ€Â¦go for it

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

Scottwax
11-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Go ahead. Cleaning and QDing your car now will make it easier to clean again once this stupid rain stops.

YukonG
11-17-2004, 04:13 PM
I agree with Scottwax. Using QD regularly will keep your paint in good condition and will also help to keep acid rain deposits from etching your paint.