PDA

View Full Version : Review of ExcelDetail PC pads

imported_memnuts
11-17-2004, 09:55 AM
I finally got an opportunity to use my ExcelDetail finishing and polishing pads. These pads upon initial inspection are well made. The velco is firmly attached, the pads are balanced and foam appears of excellent quality.

Not really much one can say about pads other than if they perform well and are durable.

These pads seem to be both. :xyxthumbs

They perform as well as my Meg`s and TOL pads and only time will tell if they are as durable.

For the price, quality, and customer service these are a very good deal. :bounce

Scottwax
11-17-2004, 10:02 AM
I gave my Excel pads a real workout and the backing has yet to separate. On one, it is just beginning in one spot but after a couple more uses it hasn`t worsened. I probably have at least 10 buff jobs with that particular pad.

BTW, the price is great! I can get 4 for the price of 3 Meguiars pads.

togwt
11-17-2004, 10:30 AM
~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations~

Scottwax-FWIW- Foam Pad Adhesive: Spraway`s Foam & Fabric Adhesive bonds Velcro backed pads to foam. Adhesives are susceptible to the strong solvents in auto detailing products; some of them may dislodge the Velcro from your foam pads. Make a quick repair with foam adhesive (properautocare.com)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

Scottwax
11-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Jon-I have noticed that products high in PDs tend to be harder on the adhesive. Normally, the pad is worn out before the adhesive but not always. I`ll have to pick up a can of Spraway`s. Thanks for the tip. Pretty smart for a dumb architect!

ScubaStevo
11-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Whats excels webpage?

Nates
11-17-2004, 02:54 PM
www.exceldetail.com

I`m also happy with my excel pads

Pats300zx
11-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Here you go:

Excel Detail (http://exceldetail.com/)

joshcaro
11-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Im wanting to order some pads from him, but Im waiting on the cutting pads to come in.

Which reminds me to ask Patrick... when will they be coming in? Will they come in before Christmas? Im really ready to order some stuff, but I want to get everything at once.

imported_memnuts
11-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Do not forget the shipping charges will be adjusted (downwards) from the quick online website calculator. Patrick is excellent about automatically do this. :xyxthumbs