PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar’s New Synthetic Paint Sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3

togwt
11-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Information source: meguiarsonline.com

Quote: Mike this is the "Pure Sealant" Rod spoke of to me last week. I know there was some confusion then but I think I get it now. From what I gathered it`s going to be a Pro line product and it was designed to have the best properties of NXT and #20 and it will be a pure sealant along the lines of Zaino. Correct me if I`m wrong. Sounds like a good combo of products to pull from , since I like both NXT and #20 I`m sure I`ll like this one too. If samples do become available or purchasing some samples is an option please put me on the list I can`t wait to test this stuff.

Doug Lucas

The Detail Barn

Post questions to MPhillips here http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3701

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

Bobby G
11-17-2004, 09:41 AM
I would guess that it WON`T be a pure sealant. The needs of most detailers point to a cleaner/wax, which is what #20 has always been. Detailers need quick and easy. A pure sealant requires multiple steps.

stilez
11-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Interesting...

Looking forward to more info.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-17-2004, 12:12 PM
I can handle nearly pure though! I`d much rather have less cleaning ability, than more.....

Mike_Phillips
11-17-2004, 01:49 PM
I have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow, November, 18th to discuss the specifics of this new product. Sometime in the evening, I will post all of the information I am able.

How`s that?

Mike

stevet
11-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

I would guess that it WON`T be a pure sealant. The needs of most detailers point to a cleaner/wax, which is what #20 has always been. Detailers need quick and easy. A pure sealant requires multiple steps.

Megs already has 3 sealants with cleaners in them. NXT, #20, and Medallion. Time for a sealant without cleaners from Megs.

stilez
11-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips

I have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow, November, 18th to discuss the specifics of this new product. Sometime in the evening, I will post all of the information I am able.

How`s that?

Mike

Sounds good to me :D

SilverLexus
11-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Mike,

We look forward to hearing about the product.

Even more so, I am really anxious to get a hold of the Megs guerilla marketing handbook. :)

Rob Tomlin
11-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by stevet

Megs already has 3 sealants with cleaners in them. NXT, #20, and Medallion. Time for a sealant without cleaners from Megs.

My sentiments exactly!

Looking forward to more info.

Mike_Phillips
11-18-2004, 09:52 PM
*Update tomorrow*

I had three meetings today, two on this product and have yet to type up my notes.

Mike

imported_jaobrien6
11-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Any news?

John

Scottwax
11-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

I don`t know a lot of high end detailers exclusively using one step products. I would welcome a pure sealant that is compatible with Meguiars 80 series line-up.

1 Clean WS6
11-21-2004, 06:16 PM
I would really like to know how this new product falls in the Meg`s product line-up compared to #20, NXT and MPPP. I use all three to one degree or another so it will be interesting to see how this new product "fits" in.

I agree with Scott...a true pure sealant with 80 series product compatibility would be sweet.

Mike_Phillips
11-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by jaobrien6

Any news?

John

Hi John,

I typed up as best I could all of the information that was given me and basically the answers to most of the questions posted to the forums. I`m going to run it by our director of training tomorrow and make sure I`ve made no mistakes and then I`ll post it.

Thank you for your patience.

Mike

Rob Tomlin
11-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Sounds good Mike. Can`t wait.