PDA

View Full Version : Is Megs #9 any good? (I`ve found some new minor swirls)

Nicky Pass
11-16-2004, 11:43 AM
I was looking at my car, and I noticed some new swirls.....(I just put some new florescent lights in the garage). So I was thinking that some #9 would work. I used #9 with an orange pad on a Maxima that I did this weekend with great results.....but with my car (verrrrrrrry minor swirls in certain spots), the oqange pad may be too abrasive. So my plan of attack is to use the #9 with a white pad, buff until is breaks down, then buff the car with Vanilla Moose on a white pad too. Then top with Nattys of #16. Does this sound good?

paco
11-16-2004, 12:45 PM
I would try just the Vanilla moose first and see how it goes. Then No. 9 if needed.

2159ClassicRed
11-16-2004, 02:07 PM
I`ve had good success with #9.........seems to work slow, but it can get the job done :).

Happy Motoring,

Kurt

STS2 #5

General Lee
11-16-2004, 02:48 PM
No.9 is a nice polish however, not sure if you know this but No.9 has alot of fillers in it. So depending on the severity of your swirls you may fill more than remove, only to have them come back later.

Like Paco said, Try VM first(I think that contains a little fillers too?) and see what that does.

2159ClassicRed
11-16-2004, 03:59 PM
No.9 is a nice polish however, not sure if you know this but No.9 has alot of fillers in it. So depending on the severity of your swirls you may fill more than remove, only to have them come back later.

I`m a novice, and don`t understand this :nixweiss .............please fill me in on this :).

Happy Motoring,

Kurt

STS2 #5

Eclipse Detail
11-16-2004, 04:08 PM
When a polish has fillers in it, it is effectively adding a substance to the swirls that "fills" them so you can`t see then anymore. They will also usually remove them a little but not allot. These fillers are easy to wash away so the swirl marks will reappear when this happens.

If your intention is to remove the swirls, not hide them then you should use a products that has no fillers in it. This will allow you to properly gauge the effect of you work without having to worry if they are only hidden temporarily and not removed.

Greg

2159ClassicRed
11-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Well understood now.....thx Greg :)!

Happy Motoring,

Kurt

STS2 #5