PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Detailers (Keeping Warm In Winter)

foris2
11-15-2004, 07:06 PM
It`s starting to get a little cool here in Georgia. If any of you mobile detailers would be so kind as and share tips on how you keep warm in the winter months. Last year I only detailed when the temperature was above 35 degrees! There has got to be a way to keep a little warm (heaters, etc.) (make & model of heaters, etc). Thank you in advance for your input.

01bluecls
11-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Im not a mobile detailer and I dont detail anyone elses car in the winter except mine and my parents, but to answer your question prolly A LOT of layers of clothes and lots of gloves!! Other than that, the cheap little space heaters SUCK! I bought one from Target for 40 bucks and tried it in my parents two car garage, and didnt even tell a difference....plus not to mention it sucks electricity like a mofo... Best bet would be to get a heavy duty heater like the vornado and a kerosene powered one.

Scottwax
11-15-2004, 10:02 PM
I wear sweat pants, t-shirt, sweat shirt over the t-shirt and another t-shirt over the sweatshirt if needed. I also have some knit gloves and neoprene gloves that fit tightly over them. On cooler days, I also wear a hat.

I am probably going to get some UnderArmor to try out as well. My kids wear that under their sweaters when playing hockey to keep warm. They say it not only keeps them warm but also dry since the material wicks moisture away from the skin.

Andrew ACR 2
11-16-2004, 01:00 AM
First you need a base layer that will wick mositure away from your body. Like Scott said he was going to try amour . If you have access to a military base get a military t-shirt the wicking kind-they are only $10 each. Then I would put a merino wool shirt with merino wool long under wear over that and a base layer over that and a goretex jacket if needed to keep you dry and keep the wind out. I live in Ohio . You might not need this in other climates.