PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z7 removes tar!

NetBoy
11-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Tried Z7 for the first time and it works great. I had streaks of tar on my M3. store bought car soaps didn`t work. Didn`t want to use WD40 or goo gone.

Mixed capful of Z7 and 1 gallon water. Removed most of the smaller streaks. Had to use Z7 full strength on the bigger streaks. Plenty of rubbing too but all the tar is gone. Used mist setting on hose and water still beading so UPP should still be there.

Z7 wash is also great on brake dust. Almost like using a strong wheel cleaner.

Too bad it`s expensive. I`ll stick with the other car wash soaps for my weekly cleanings.

General Lee
11-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Z7 is a strong car wash IMO. I`m not so sure it good to constantly use it as a regular wash except w/ Zaino sealants. It may be possible that it will degrade other LSP`s if used frequently.

Maybe someone else will chime in who knows for sure.

redfish
11-13-2004, 09:01 PM
And that`s not even full strength...

MattZ28
11-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by General Lee

Z7 is a strong car wash IMO. I`m not so sure it good to constantly use it as a regular wash except w/ Zaino sealants. It may be possible that it will degrade other LSP`s if used frequently.

Maybe someone else will chime in who knows for sure.

Sal Zaino told me the same thing. Zaino Z7 is too strong for other sealants....at least that`s what he said.

imported_memnuts
11-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Be careful when using a non-petroleum based product to remove tar. The reason for solvents in tar removers is to "dissolve" the tar as means of removal rather than rubbing. Tar is rather sticky and its presence on your paint means that harder partculate matter (dirt) has also stuck to it. Agitation or rubbing this tar/dirt combo could/will create surface marring. Though microscopic in most cases, it is still there. Dissolution alleviates this potential damage.

Be careful, the post Z7 wash beading could be a result of the Zaino polymers in Z7 and not from the perceived residual protection of the UPP. I would re-apply your LSP (UPP) for full protection.

Rob Tomlin
11-14-2004, 04:43 PM
I agree that Z7 is a stronger car wash compared to the others out there. Of course, the Z2 can hold up to it well!