PDA

View Full Version : Car dirty, any suggestions please

Pages : [1] 2

Fury
11-13-2004, 07:45 PM
I have a 92 stealth. Firestorm red is the paint color. It`s broke and hasn`t been washed for about two months. It`s full of dust, etc. Im wondering what i need to get her shinning and sparkling again. I was thinking wash, claybar, wash, zymol cleaner wax, then gold class? I don`t know much about car detailing all i know is put on pad and put on car, then buff. Anybody have any suggestions?

General Lee
11-13-2004, 08:45 PM
I recommend the learn icon at the top of the page. Alot of info there to get you started.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-13-2004, 09:34 PM
hehehe, sounds easy enough doesnt it ? I guess it depends on how much time you want to put into it. Your plan will work, i would ditch the zymol cleaner though, or youll be cleaning up dust for 1/2 an hr. Go with some #6 if you want to take the easy route. Then use some GC....

Fury
11-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Well for one i` dunno what #6 is or GC. Im a new remember lol. I need to know if i can buy em at discount auto or pep boys.

MongooseGA
11-13-2004, 10:24 PM
GC is the gold class. Apparently there aren`t many members on this site that have much good to say about it besides the fact that it looks good for a day or two until it wears off :o

Gold Class has pretty mild cleaners in it already, doesn`t it? Couldn`t her just skip the cleaner wax and go right to the Gold Class?

If you need to buy it at a local auto store, get the Mother`s clay kit, Meguiar`s NXT, some nice sheepskin mits, and a good shampoo.

I don`t guess you wanna bust out a Random Orbital Buffer to remove swirls, do you?

Hehe, a 3S has been broken for a while. Go figure.

Since it`s broken, it must be a TT, right?

Fury
11-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Nope unfortunately not a TT :( That`s gonna be my next one, one you go 3s you stay 3s couz. Is NXT good? I got a random orbital buffer but when i put a lil bit of wax on it and buffed the car it left big *** swirls left by the buffer, or probably im just stupid and don`t know how to do it correctly or what type of wax or polish to put on it. I got a orbital buffer so tell me what i need to do with it like what product to use. So far that`s wash, claybar, wash, and nxt?

armoredsaint
11-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by MongooseGA

Since it`s broken, it must be a TT, right?

HEY!!! :eek: Better than your wannabe MB KIA Amanti :p

Fury
11-14-2004, 03:24 PM
he was talking about the stealth TT, the twin turbo version of the stealth lol.

armoredsaint
11-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Fury

he was talking about the stealth TT, the twin turbo version of the stealth lol.

:D

MongooseGA
11-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Armoredsaintt- haha. I`m abig fan of the 3S (3000GT/Stealth) cars. TT is just short for twin turbo. Sorry for the mix up :rofl

I don`t have a Kia Amanti... I have a Jeep Wrangler :nixweiss

Fury- what`s the next car? Staying 1G, or are you gonna switch to a 2G? Maybe a VR-4?

The NXT is good as long as you take care of it. It`s durability is only so-so. Maybe 2-3 weeks on average. I would just reapply it once a month anyway. Wash every week in between. Also try the booster wax.

Are you a member on 3Si? I used to be, but I got too much crap form everyone for being 14 :(

Fury
11-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Lol yup im a member. Ah man im 16 and i get alot of crap also but it`s changing. So what are the exact procedures? Which nxt should i get and do they have them in discount auto?

sQuashed
11-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Unless you have a Porter Cable (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pc-7424.html), Do it by hand.. The cheapo`s just dont cut it. Look for THIS (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/meg-g-12718.html) NXT:xyxthumbs

MongooseGA
11-14-2004, 08:30 PM
I saw one of your posts tonight. They all gave me crap because I wanted a TT (in fact we almost bought a pearl white `95 TT with the chromies).

Buy the tech wax, and the booster wax spray thingy. Do it all by hand with some Meg`s foam applicator pads (2 pack is like $1.25).

Procedure:

If the car is already relatively clean (doesn`t have caked on dirt or salt) I would clay while you wash. Saves time and shampoo. Make sure you buy a good shampoo. Meg`s Gold Class shampoo is a good one that you can get at the local auto store. After you`ve clayed/washed the whole car (shouldn`t take you anymore than 2 hours, tops, as a beginner). Apply the NXT with the foam pad. Do about 2 panels (hood, then fender) and then wait about 5 minutes after you finshed the 2nd fender. After the 5 minutes, go back and buff off the NXT from the 1st panel, then the 2nd. Repeat with the rest of the panels. NXT is very easy to apply and can be very easy to remove as long as the car is in the shade and cool.

Luck,

Fury
11-15-2004, 04:01 AM
It says to use a pre wax before using nxt. What should i use?

Fury
11-15-2004, 04:02 AM
Also, when i used GC my paint would like literate fall off. Like i put some on the paint then let it get dry then buff and there would be red paint on the towel. Anybody know why that happens?