PDA

View Full Version : Qew Wash.

01bluecls
11-13-2004, 07:20 PM
SO i have ordered 2 bottle of qew and used them twice on my car and my dad`s car. Using the two bucket method and two mitts and even the qew filler sprayer....I have a few questions. What qualities does Qew have that other car wash soaps dont? When using QEW is it supposed to feel slick at all....using NXT wash feel a lot more slicker. Why would you use Qew with the two bucket method as opposed to regular car wash soap with the two bucket method (NXT or Zaino soaps)? Im just curious as to why people are using QEW in particular?

Thanks,

Chris

General Lee
11-13-2004, 09:00 PM
I think the main reason people use QEW is you have the ability to wash your car with little water. Its convienent for mobile detailers, people who live in areas with water restrictions, camp grounds etc. I have just started using it myself because of the cold weather setting in. Your not constantly spraying water and getting wet feet and if it is windy the water is not blowing back in your face. It seems to be a safe and effective way to clean your vehicle.

01bluecls
11-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Is it because QEW doesnt need to be rinsed as much as other soaps to rid the residue left behind? I understand that people use it to use less water, but why are you able to use less water with QEW and not any other soap?

a.k.a. Patrick
11-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Zero film remnants my man.....nice slick surface afterwards too. Great stuff, i used it again today on my wifes 00 Taurus, the ol two bucket....Im thinking next time to even use three.....

Scottwax
11-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 01bluecls

Is it because QEW doesnt need to be rinsed as much as other soaps to rid the residue left behind? I understand that people use it to use less water, but why are you able to use less water with QEW and not any other soap?

Because is is magic. ;)

Here is some techinical information about it:

The answers are from a Champion (the manufacturer of the product) representative:

Where does the dirt go?

The best answer I can give you is "into the towel or wash mitt and then into the bucket." The agents in Quick & Easy Wash are a blend of Surfactants, surface active agents in lay persons terms. These agents are already in use, and have been, in traditional car washing products used in both, hand wash and line wash systems. So the science is not new or unique, just the application. What sets our product apart from the crowd is mostly the lack of SUDS, amongst other and various and sundry other subtleties.

Suds are an unnecessary byproduct of soap. When Quick & Easy Wash is used in the washing process the suds are eliminated and the surfactants do the work. Part of the work they do is to envelope or suffocate the surface. Two things happen, the electrostatic or chemical bond between the dirt solids and or hydrocarbon solids (this covers most of the soils found on cars) is broken. Next, these soils are enveloped or wrapped and trapped into the surfactant and then into the washing media such as a towel or wash mitt. At rinse time, the towel is plunged into either a clean bucket of water ( using the two bucket method ) or back into the Quick & Easy Wash. In either case the same is true, the dirt solids succumb to the rinsing motion and use gravity to fall out of the washing media and fall to the bottom of the bucket. You can see this if you look into your bucket after doing a wash job.

Definately true-I`ve wondered why there was always dirt at the bottom of the bucket when I finished, now I know!

How come it doesn`t scratch?

In order to address potential scratching, the product contains a element that crosses the lines between polymers, lubricants, and waxes. It is true that if you bear down on a wet cloth over a dirty surface you will get scratches. However, our products make up will help to minimize the occurrence. So don`t press down hard, with any washing product. Let`s face it, scratching can occur even on a totally clean surface with a poor selection of washing media. Chose and dedicate washing cloths or mitts to a specific task and use them for nothing else. My current best pick for washing media is material called Microfiber, it is easy to find and we are working presently with an importer/manufacturer to bring it to our line of products, but that`s another topic for another time.

01bluecls
11-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks fellows! That`s the answers I was looking for.