PDA

View Full Version : 00 Taurus rear seat

a.k.a. Patrick
11-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know how to remove the rear seat on a 00 Taurus ? This seat has marbles under it, and I cant figure out how to get them out without removing it. I was able to put the vacuum nozzle in the crack and get several out, but there must be about 6-7 left! Everytime we move forward in the car, I can hear them rrrrroooolllll........

imported_perry
11-13-2004, 06:07 PM
If no one here chimes in with an answer, I bet the guys here could help ya out: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/

Couple threads that may help:

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10245

http://www.taurusclub.com/archive/index.php?showtopic=12155

a.k.a. Patrick
11-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Thanks Perry, Ill give it a try !

RedondoV6
11-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Patrick .. there are two hooks at the rear of the back seat which hold the seat cushion in place. Put your hands at the rear of the seat about 2` apart and press the seat cushion down and backwards. You should feel the hooks release, then just pull the seat cushion up and out. To replace, just do the reverse.

:)

EDIT: Please see my later post in this thread for better instructions on removing the rear seat in a Taurus.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Dang, ok, I tried to push down and push back, kind of indesciminantly with no luck.....Can you feel the hook points if you slide your hands across the back?

RedondoV6
11-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Patrick, I just went outside to look at my Taurus to remind myself about the seat.

Try this: Push your front seats as far forward as they will go. Facing the rear seat run your hand under the front lip of the seat (where it overlaps the carpet) . Most of the front lip of the seat will feel loose if you gently pull it towards you, but around the middle of each seat, you should feel that the front lip of the seat is more secure and will not move towards you much. This is where the two hooks lock the seat in place, this should be in the middle of each side of the seat.

Now put one hand under the front lip of the seat where the hooks are and with your other hand press down on the top of the seat cushion, about 6" - 9" back from the front lip of the seat. (Your second hand will be close to where the passengers legs would be). How press this hand down and to the rear hard, while gently pulling up front lip of the seat with your first hand. You should notice when the hook releases. Repeat on the other side and the seat should pull out easily. Sorry for the misdirection earlier, I hadn`t done this in a while, until I just tried it out again now.

Good luck!

a.k.a. Patrick
11-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks Mike, Im going to go out and look now ! I owe ya....

a.k.a. Patrick
11-13-2004, 09:55 PM
8 marbles, 8 nickels, 16 pennies, 6 dimes, 1 pen cap, 1 zipper pull, 1 dbl "A" battery, 2 Pokeman cards, 1 Kevin Brown mini baseball card....I stil have more marbles that I will have to tackle with the Rigid Vac tomorrow ! I Owe you Mike, you have no idea how scraped my knuckles are from feeling around for those *^%#** marbles !!

RedondoV6
11-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

8 marbles, 8 nickels, 16 pennies, 6 dimes, 1 pen cap, 1 zipper pull, 1 dbl "A" battery, 2 Pokeman cards, 1 Kevin Brown mini baseball card....I stil have more marbles that I will have to tackle with the Rigid Vac tomorrow ! I Owe you Mike, you have no idea how scraped my knuckles are from feeling around for those *^%#** marbles !!

:lol Sounds like you have enough to start a collection to pay for some of DavidB`s new products!

Hmmmm? "1 zipper pull" ...... I`m not sure I want to know! :rofl

Pleased to have have been of help :)