PDA

View Full Version : Zaino ZFX, is it nessasary!?

Pages : [1] 2

eShine
11-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Yesterday my wife and I are walking through Square One Mall when I remember hearing that they sell Zaino there. I then think to my self its been a few years since I tried Zaino, Although I didnâ€â„¢t personally like the application process back then I figure I will check out the new formula. So there I am pickup up a bottle oz Z2. The price is (All prices are Canadian Dollars) $20.95 for an 8oz bottle. A bit on the pricey side for only 8oz especially when comparing it to Klasse SG where you get 16.9 oz for $25.00. This is when the bomb gets dropped! I am then told I need the ZFX activator and the salesman hands me a small package with 4 bottles and this microscopic vial in it (ZFX). I turn the box around and my Jaw hits the floor, $30.95!!! Basically my 8oz of Zaino just hit $52.00, the same price of the Klasse Twins, which include two 16.9oz bottles. My intent was to try Zaino side by side with Klasse on the hood of my daily driver though the winter. Needless to say I did not purchase the Zaino. I also noticed when I read the back of the ZFX is mention Zaino can be used on a COLD surface in sun or shade. I donâ€â„¢t know about you but my sun is hot in the summer. As far as I know heat is the reason many other products say to use in the shade. I am sure that I can use any of those products in direct sunlight as long as the surface is cool. I am now assuming that Zaino has the same temperaments with direct hot sunlight as the rest of the popular products like Klasse, Wolfgang, Poorboyâ€â„¢s etc?

This leads me to a question for you Zaino users.

Is the ZFX necessary!? How long does that small vial of ZFX last (How many 8oz bottles of Z2 will it activate). Was the salesman just trying to sell and sell? Also, have you ever run out of ZFX on a single 8oz Z2? I ask this because the directions said to use 10 drops of ZFX on 2oz of Z2. I canâ€â„¢t see there being 40 drops worth of ZFX in that small vial.

imported_pdsterns
11-13-2004, 07:32 AM
take a look here

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45856

imported_memnuts
11-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Seems as though Zaino is 16% higher in Canada (ZFX -$20 US and Z2 $13 US - $33 US vs $39 US in Canada.

Yes, that small little vial will last the 8oz of of polish.

Yes ZFX or Z1 are required for inital proper bonding to paint.

Yes, Zaino can be applied in the sun without problems if one is able to apply an even thin complete coverage coat. Shade is preferred. Direct sun does aid in faster drying/curing. Buffing off is not affected by exposure or application in direct sunlight. Product performance and appearance is also unaffected.

Direct sun application may lead to dehydration, possible sunburn and skin cancer. This may be a hazard to polisher. ;)

paco
11-13-2004, 07:51 AM
Hey eshine,

They guy at Barber`s Chair that talks about the Zaino knows nothing of detailing (I forget this name but he`s about 5.5 with an Italien accent) and is a bit on the slow side.

Anyway, yes it is expensive. Mine has lasted me a long time but I don`t necessary use it everything I apply Zaino.

It depends if I have a lot of time and will be apply 3 layers. If you only have time for 1, then you don`t need it for that application.

I still can not for the life me understand why Sal charges sooooo much for ZFX.

Paco

imported_memnuts
11-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by paco

I still can not for the life me understand why Sal charges sooooo much for ZFX.

Paco

Simple.

It is expensive to make. :wavey

eShine
11-13-2004, 08:03 AM

Hey eshine,

They guy at Barber`s Chair that talks about the Zaino knows nothing of detailing (I forget this name but he`s about 5.5 with an Italien accent) and is a bit on the slow side.

I hear ya! I started talking about Microfiber, Swirl removal and and he looked at me like a Deer in Headlights! When I expressed my concern with the price of the products he mentioned that those products I have (Z2, ZFX, Z6) would be $200 online! ROFL.

salty
11-13-2004, 08:39 AM
I bought the kit online from Mike in Ont. and it was $167 to my door. The kit includes z2,z5,z6,zfx, clay, car wash and the little bottles for mixing. Is it expensive? sure. Does it work and will it last a long time? you bet. I have bought many products that claim to work and were a waste of time and money. You can`t go wrong with Zaino. I find it easier to apply than Klasse.

eShine
11-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by salty

I bought the kit online from Mike in Ont. and it was $167 to my door. The kit includes z2,z5,z6,zfx, clay, car wash and the little bottles for mixing. Is it expensive? sure. Does it work and will it last a long time? you bet. I have bought many products that claim to work and were a waste of time and money. You can`t go wrong with Zaino. I find it easier to apply than Klasse.

I remember when I tried using the old Zaino and was frustrated. I went to Klasse then and never looked back. I wanted to see how the new Zaino formula is compared to the old.

paco
11-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Chris,

Even though the new Zaino is better, it`s not like "night and day". If you didn`t like the old formula, you probably won`t find this one any different. It was just a tweak.

What did you find fustrating about it? I found it to be extremely straight forward and easy to work with.

Paco

04BlackAV
11-13-2004, 09:21 AM
I like the newer formula for one main reason and that it`s much thinner than the old.If you use the mixing bottles with ZFX it doesn`t stick as much to the sides when using small amounts in the bottle.

imported_pdsterns
11-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Help me out here, what`s a barber`s chair whose 5.5`

eShine
11-13-2004, 10:07 AM

Chris,

Even though the new Zaino is better, it`s not like "night and day". If you didn`t like the old formula, you probably won`t find this one any different. It was just a tweak.

What did you find fustrating about it? I found it to be extremely straight forward and easy to work with.

Paco

To be honest it was likely application. It was he first jump from "Counter Top" products. I didn`t like the multiple steps and I had problems with streaking. I reapplied it thinner and had no streaking but suddenly all my light swirls (Black car) got amplified. They stuck out like a sore thumb. Shortly after I blew the turbo in the car and stored it for about a year. I then came across some Klasse at a Car Show and the guy sold me on it. After the Turbo was replaced I brought it out for itâ€â„¢s wash and Wax. As soon as I hit it with the AIO I had a smile from ear-ear! It eliminated (I donâ€â„¢t care if they were filled in or removed! Thye were gone!) the defects completely and my black looked like Glass. DEEP DEEP glass! After a few coats of SG I was back to the races! The car won "Best Black Paint" award (There is such thing LOL) in a local show. Itâ€â„¢s funny because eShine started when I ran out of Klasse. I couldnâ€â„¢t find any in Canada. I did searches for "Canada Klasse" and all I found was other Canadians looking for the Stuff. I finally ordered some from a US company and got bent over with Brokerage charges. Shortly after I became Canada`s distributor! Now I have 20 Cases LOL.

Jngrbrdman
11-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Simple.

It is expensive to make. :wavey

Yeah, that and the fact that people will pay it. Do you really think that Zymol costs $1500 a jar? I don`t care how many times you get to refill it, you are never going to use enough to make it worth it. People charge what the market will bear. If ZFX sales start to drop and Sal gets feedback that it is too expensive, then he`ll probably find a cheaper way to get it out there. Until then it is going to remain more expensive than crack.

paco
11-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by pdsterns

Help me out here, what`s a barber`s chair whose 5.5`

The Barber`s Chair is a chain of haircutting salons. :up For carrying the Zaino line.

:rolleyes: for cleaner which also is responsible for (5ft 5") inches at the Square One location for pushing Zaino as the best thing since slice bread and yet, has no idea about the Zaino products work, let alone detailing.

Paco

BookemDano
11-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Yes, that small little vial will last the 8oz of of polish.

Actually, the little vial is supposed to last for about 16-20 oz of Z2 or Z5. I.e., 1 vial of ZFX should last for 2 bottles of Z2 or Z5.