PDA

View Full Version : well, finally tried Klasse SG -- yuk

Pages : [1] 2 3

Asonyexec
11-11-2004, 09:29 PM
well got my car back from the body shop yesterday (repainting bumper) and while it was being fixed I received my bottle of Klasse SG and was anxious to give it a try.

Today was the day I was going to get to try the Klasse SG and boy was I disappointed. One thing though, the reviews on this board about it (klasse SG) being a pain-in-the-a$$ to remove are right on.

First I hit the car with Megs #80 and I was wayyyy impressed with how it looked (you`re all right, it does make the paint squeak). Then i decided to seal it with the SG and what a pain. The Klasse SG did not come off easy and for all the rubbing I had to do with towels I just wasnt impressed with the outcome. Therefore I skipped the SG step and went from the Megs 80 then hit it with my new can of P21s (ordered with the klasse). BTW, I like the Klasse AIO, it`s only the SG I didnt care for.

I just did the top panels of the car today (hood, top, trunk), getting too old to hit the car all in one day HAHA. One thing I did try was Megs NXT wax on the trunk just to compare (hood & top had the P21s). My opinion? The NXT was so-so, i mean it performed like a product made for the masses, I still like the mothers a lot better than the NXT. The P21s went on easy (seems very oily as is goes on) but do follow the directions on the tub and get that stuff of BEFORE it dries on the paint. I had some on a quarter of the top, left to get some water, gone for a total of 7 minutes. I came back to see the P21s dried to a haze so I grabbed the towel to start removing it and man it was tough getting it off.

Well that`s my experience with using Meg #80, NXT, P21s, and Klasse SG for the first time. Only one left to try is my complimentary bottle of Sonus paint cleanser (any comments from y`all on it???)

Oh, damn, can`t believe I missed this product. Along with my Klasse SG and p21s order I bought some plexus - WOW. That stuff is great on the clear plastic dashboard lens and a good job on my headlights. It left the dash plastic feeling very slick and you can tell by feeling it that it has something in it to repel dust. a BIG :xyxthumbs for plexus.

thanks guys.

03COBRA
11-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Couldn`t agree with you more on the SG, I hate that stuff. If anyone wants an almost full bottle, let me know! As for the #80, I`m waiting on mine, UPS lost my package from PAC!!

imported_00Ranger
11-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Hey 04 I`ll take the SG off your hands if you don`t want it?

Pondscum
11-11-2004, 10:30 PM
The most common mistake people make when they use SG for the first time (including myself) is they put too much on. You really need to put it on as thinly as possible. Most who have used SG have a story similar to yours. Many of us grow to love SG. There is definitely a learning curve when it comes to application and removal.

Scottwax
11-11-2004, 10:57 PM
I don`t think SG is going to adhere well to the oils in #80 so I am not suprised you had problems. Try SG over AIO before giving up.

As far as P21S goes, you are right, follow the directions. Apply to a section and immediately remove. Don`t wait 7 minutes. Apply to a fender, remove. Apply to half the hood, remove. No waiting, get it before it hazes.

Corey Bit Spank
11-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Different strokes.... I never had a problem with Klasse SG in my experience, even applying it over VM heh :)

imported_The Uncle
11-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Did you try BillNorth`s WOWO method? With that approach, using SG is easier than virtually ANY product of that type.

Asonyexec
11-11-2004, 11:50 PM
i will give it a try over AIO before giving up, after all they were both meant to be used together. Also, I will look up the WOWO method for some pointers.

thanks everyone.

Eliot Ness
11-12-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Asonyexec

........ Also, I will look up the WOWO method for some pointers.......

Here is the link:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30989&highlight=official+wipe+on+off

Asonyexec
11-12-2004, 12:23 AM
THX Mr. Ness, you saved me some time.

Gonzo
11-12-2004, 05:19 AM
One important fact to always keep in mind when using AIO or SG - you cannot put it on thin enough.

When applying AIO, use Eagle One Wipe & Shine as a "thinner" - prime the pad with a full spray then no more thant a dime sized blob of AIO. That will do 1/2 your hood. As soon as you are done applying, immediately wipe off with a clean MF. Wipe again with another clean MF. Move on to next section.

When using SG, first completely soak a 12"x12" MF towel in water. Wring it out, but not completely dry, just to the point where if you wrang it completely out you would get maybe 2-3 more tablespoons of water out of it. Fold the MF in 1/2, then into 1/3 along the long side. Pour a thin line of SG about, 1/8 inch wide about 2/3 the length of long side of folder MF. Wipe on paint. Wipe off immediately with a clean dry MF, then rewipe with yet another clean MF. Move on to next section. Streaking may occur, so use either SONUS Acrylic Spritz or a water damp MF.

Dalton
11-12-2004, 06:04 AM
Although I have only applied SG 2x I have not had a problem. I did my prep with Klasse AIO with an Edge Polishing pad spritzed with S&W ever so slightly. Worked like nothing I have ever seen. Even after claying the entire car, my pad got dirty and was switched 2x.

The SG I kind of experimented with. I tried dampening the applicator. I tried letting it dry for 15, 30 and 45 mins. I did wipe on wipe off. I did dry applicator. In the end, the best and easiest results came from applying with a dry MF applicator very thinly and WOWO.

Any streaking can be cured with S&W or a non carauba based QD. I used S&W the day after just to make sure I got any left over residue or straking

After using SG I really dont know what all of the PITA fuss is about. I found it to be quite simple to use and the results are amazing in my opinion.

Next I will top with Adam`s BW and see how it goes

acl99
11-12-2004, 06:18 AM
Ive started using SG straight after FP with no issues, i know 80 contains meguiars Trade secret oils, or im pretty sure it does. That may be part of the reason for your issues with the SG.

Dalton
11-12-2004, 06:20 AM
My understanding is that you should use either AIO or a pure polish like PB PP that leaves nothing behind as a prep. This way you have a clean pure surface or an acrylic finish (AIO) for SG to bond to

n2_space
11-12-2004, 06:42 AM
I used SG for the first time on my car a couple weeks ago and got streaking issues using a 20 min wait and then on the 2nd coat doing WOWO. I know there has to be a learning curve, so I am not giving up, I will keep playing with it :)