PDA

View Full Version : Sonus QD or QEW+Carnauba during winter?

Panda_TSX
11-11-2004, 08:44 PM
I have my car setup with AIO+4xSG, but winter is coming around and i was wondering what should i do for deatailing in winter.

Should I top my SG with a Carnauba and use QEW over the winter

or

Late night clearning at the self serve car wash with own supplies of course and use the Sonus Acrylic QD?

I`m looking for protection and looks, and i`m not too sure if Klasse alone does it for me. I have a white car and it`s SUPER BRIGHT and moderate reflectivity but i am still envious of the darker cars. I was hoping carnauba may give me a little more depth.

raymond_ho2002
11-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Why not QEW and then use carnauba?

As for whether or not carnauba will enhance your car`s appearance, it`s a call you`ll have to make once you try it. You`ll hear many people saying that it`s a benefit, some people saying that it makes no difference, and another group of people saying that they just prefer the sealant alone.. and the frustrating thing is the reasons they give all use the same descriptions.. "deeper," "less sterile," "darker.."

As for me and my black car, i prefer the look of klasse by itself. :)

wash-girl
11-11-2004, 09:27 PM
I don`t see it as having to be an either/or. To my knowledge, there is absolutely no reason you can`t use QEW with SG. I do it. And I use Sonus QD for QDing purposes. QEW is a wash product, not a carnauba QD.

As for white, I am really liking my SGx4 alone. I have topped with S100 in the past, but the Sonus is keeping the SG looking great. I`ve resisted topping for a full six weeks already!

imported_perry
11-11-2004, 09:30 PM
This sounds more like a question of whether or not you should use a carnauba topper, rather than a winter care question, IMHO.

You can QEW & Acrylic Spritz afterwards, or QEW & Carnauba Spritz afterwards. Or coin op and then their QD. Choice is yours there. The QD (as far as the Sonus products) you use is determined by whether or not you add a carnauba on top of the SG.

Panda_TSX
11-12-2004, 08:58 AM
i thought QEW contained carnuaba and using the Acrylic spritz after using QEW would be a waste?

on the protectall website (http://www.protectall.com/qelong.aspx) it says it has carnauba.

I was thinking since i`ll be using QEW and it`s going to stick a bunch of carnauba over my SG i might as well use a topper for some extra protection!

I`m striving for the wet look and i don`t think Klasse gives it to me on white, but then again it is white!

Eliot Ness
11-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Panda_TSX

.......on the protectall website (http://www.protectall.com/qelong.aspx) it says it has carnauba........

No, QEW doesn`t contain carnauba. The carnauba they are referring to is in the FREE Protect All Polish, Wax & Treatment Sponge Pak that comes with the two for one special.

imported_The Uncle
11-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Panda, FYI, I have a TSX too (MSM). I have SG X 4 on it, and then I use Sonus after each wash. It looks great, and the durability has been excellent. I also have S100 on my shelf, but I don`t think I`m going to use it this winter.

Panda_TSX
11-12-2004, 11:42 AM
ooops, i should read more carefully next time...

I`ll give the Sonus QD a shot, but i`m still so tempted to put a carnauba on.... i know i`m probably going to redo AIO+SG after winter so it`s a good time to test some carnauba..

thanks again guys!

btw anyone have any comments on #16 over SG on a White Car?