PDA

View Full Version : OJ in carpet

YoBro
11-11-2004, 06:58 PM
My wife spilled some orange juice on the mats of her brand new TSX, they are grey. She did it on the way to work so it all day to set in. I tried a few regular home carper cleaners that I had and they did nothing. Anyone have a recomendation of a cleaner I can buy locally?

LouisanaJeeper
11-11-2004, 07:00 PM
take the mat out and hose it off with a hose nozzle.

try working in some laundry detergent with a brush then hosing off

the next step up would be oxy-clean with hot water + the brush

you are going to want to let them dry and apply scotch guard when you are done

stilez
11-11-2004, 07:02 PM
What LJ said.

To clarify on the actual carpet cleaning, see my sig.

kompressornsc
11-12-2004, 05:09 AM
And do it quickly & thoroughly. I had a gallon of apple juice break in my old car (an Integra, ironically enough), and the sugar in it caused a huge problem-ants! They will seek out any trace of sugar left.

scottabir
11-12-2004, 05:38 AM
prestone foaming carpet cleaner for a local great cleaner

togwt
11-12-2004, 05:42 AM
When cleaning a stain, try detergent and water first. If this does not remove the stain, then try a stronger type cleaner (303TM Cleaner & Spot Remover) once fabric is clean apply a fabric protection (303TM High Tech Fabric Guard) Once stain(s) has been removed (urine, milk, food spills, and etc) sanitize mats and carpets with Lysol

a) Organic stains- these include proteins and fats, body oils, mould yeast, bacteria, bugs and carbohydrates. Most of the stains found in the vehicle interior are of an organic nature and require an alkaline type cleaner.

b) Non-Organic stains- mostly found on the exterior of the vehicle, hard water scale (calcium) lime deposits, road tar, grease and oil film, and require an acidic type cleaner.

c) Petroleum soils - substances that do not contain water, nor are they miscible, these soil types include, motor oils, grease and road film and require a solvent type cleaner.

Classifying stains

Water Soluble Stains: These stains can be dissolved in cool water or loosened with water based cleaner. Coffee, soft drinks and chocolate are good examples.

Oil Soluble stains: These are stains that are comprised of oily or greasy substances, which include cooking, oil from fried foods and suntan oil. These stains can usually be removed with a dry-cleaning solution.

Combination Stains- These stains contain both water based and oil-soluble properties.

Cleaning these stains require treatment with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaning solution.

Unidentifiable Stains- Sometimes stains cannot be identified. Treat these stains like a combination stain. Clean with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaner. Or try

http://www.stainmaster.com/stainmaster/carpet_care/stain_removal_guide_index.jsp

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM