PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG

Lolt345
11-11-2004, 05:31 PM
I have a few a layers of SG on my black car. A couple of weeks ago I had just washed my car and added a layer of SG. The next day I drove to work and it was raining. The following day I saw that my trunk had some kind of liquid dried up in big patches. I thought it was the rain. Well today I washed my car and the dried up patches was gone. Than at night I looked at my trunk lid under the street light and I can still see the patches. Isn`t the SG supposed to prevent this from happening?

Will P21S paintwork cleansing lotion be able to remove this? It removed the water spots I had on my hood.

Bill D
11-11-2004, 05:48 PM
SG is only a sealant, no cleaning ability. Did you use AIO prior to SG? When using SG, AIO should always be used first. I`d recommend going over the trunk with AIO X2 then SG.

P21s GEPC is not compatible with the Klasse twins if you use only SG after it, there could be bonding/curing issues and if you use AIO first, following with SG, the AIO will just remove its fillers, nullifying its effect.

AIO is a remarkable cleaner, I bet it will end your water spotting issue as long as you do not have actual water spot etching in the paint.

TW85 HHI
11-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Sounds like you may have etching. AIO and SG will not fix true etching but it may be minor enough that a polish could.

Lolt345
11-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Before I put the SG on I did use P21S GEPC first than AIO. It`s P21S, AIO, than SG. This was a couple of months ago. Ever since I just put SG on after I wash and dry the car.

TW85 HHI
11-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Also, just because you have a sealant and/or carnauba wax on your car does not mean you are invulnerable from paint damage. Since you said the marks appeared to have disappeared during the day but you could still see them under a light suggests etching. If you want to attempt to reduce or remove the marks, you will have to start over with Klasse after using polish(es).

Lolt345
11-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks. I thought that SG prevents water etching.

TW85 HHI
11-11-2004, 06:09 PM
It helps reduce the possibility of it, but does not prevent.

Accumulator
11-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Yeah, it`s a matter of degree. You`re better protected with the SG than with most products. You`re better protected with many coats of SG than with one or two. But sometimes *no* sealant will stand up to the stuff that happens to auto paint in the (nasty) real world.

Intercooled
11-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Maybe that water spot was there before your last coat of SG and then you Applied your previous coat over the spot, thus magnifying it under light and making it unable to remove with a wash?:nixweiss

Lolt345
11-11-2004, 06:33 PM
The water spot happen after I drove it in the rain.