PDA

View Full Version : Question for Final Detail Users

imported_Malachi
11-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Have you found your replacement yet?

If so, can you tell me what it is. I am probably have about 20 oz left and would like to find a product that is as easy to use, leaves the car with that great shine, has that great slickness and smells as good.

TIA

SpoiledMan
11-11-2004, 12:11 PM
I have never used Final Detail but I do use Last Touch and I like it a lot. I wont hesitate to buy another gallon when this one gets low.

Wasatch
11-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Here are some others I have/used:

Last Touch

Adam`s Detail Spray

Quik Shine

Showtime

Tropi-Care Detail Spray

Raven
11-11-2004, 01:07 PM
I still have about 1.5 gallons of FD but am in the process of trying Adams detail spray. Also Clearkotes QS is a great QD, leave IMO a great shine.

loco
11-11-2004, 03:05 PM
I agree. Last Touch is Meguiar`s replacement for Final Detail and it`s great. I can`t get it to smear and it looks terrific. Smells nice too.

DCT
11-11-2004, 05:03 PM
I loved FD......... I like Last Touch even better.......... especially given the price. It still has silicone in it however, so it may not be the ideal product with a sealant system where someone wants to layer.

imported_RIC
11-12-2004, 06:54 PM
I may be in the minority, but I don`t like Last Touch as much as I liked FD. I liked the FD smell better too.

By diluting Last Touch with water, smearing has been lessened considerably but I don`t think the shine and slickness is as great as it was with FD. But it is a great value...it`s like getting 2 Gallons of QD spray for ~$18.00.

--> Is Anyone else diluting the Last Touch? I noticed on the Last Touch spray bottle that came with it had measuring lines for LT and water.

I managed to pick up some old stock of FD at a Body/paint supply shop. The Meguiar`s distributor now only has Last Touch left.