PDA

View Full Version : shining monkey, $1600 a day, concours winner?

Pages : [1] 2

G03X
11-10-2004, 04:35 PM
just wondering if anyone has read the article in the new Moified Luxury and Exotics(by the way, crazy mag, just look at the 600 hp twin superchared full carbon fiber body kitted 360 modena, and other equaly impresive rides) about the Ferrari Cavallino cocours event. The resident detailer charges $1600 a day for concours detail prep. Says he uses shining monkey "d-spec stuff" when asked by the mag. I guess the stuffs ok, but anyone have experience when comparing to the likes of Aio,sg,souveran, etc.He also won his division. This is my first post by the way ( i`m usualy busy working on my cars or someone else`s), so hi to everyone and thanks for the knowledge i`ve gained.

wash-girl
11-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Welcome to Autopia. Interesting first post. I`ve never heard of the mag or the Shining Monkey product. You might get a better response in the main detailing forum or the pro detailers forum. As for the price he`s getting...well I guess that`s not a crowd to bicker over money. I suppose it`s the same as the "haircutter to the stars" or the "plumber to the stars" who get unbelieveable amounts because they scored the right clientele. I`m sure there are people on here who do as good or better job on Ferraris for less than $1600...but would sure as hell charge it if they could. ;)

Big Leegr
11-11-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by ZJ JIM 96

Welcome to Autopia. Interesting first post. I`ve never heard of the mag or the Shining Monkey product. You might get a better response in the main detailing forum or the pro detailers forum.

He was probably just following the rules about not posting outside Autopia U. before he got enough posts under his belt.

Shining Monkey has been mentioned on a few boards, now. Lots of magazine ads, it seems. Never tried it, myself, though.

BA_Titan
11-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Don`t kow about the products but the Web Site is very irritating! Way too many popups!!!! Sure is a lot of "Tuner" pointers also.....

Anyway here is the site: www.shiningmonkey.com

imported_kgb
11-23-2004, 12:15 PM
I will be using the D-Spec line on my car this weekend to give it a try. I will post back on what I thought.

Scottwax
11-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Red98gt

Don`t kow about the products but the Web Site is very irritating! Way too many popups!!!! Sure is a lot of "Tuner" pointers also.....

Pop-up Stopper, NoAds and the Google pop up blocker means no pop-ups.

imported_kgb
11-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Pop-up Stopper, NoAds and the Google pop up blocker means no pop-ups.

Don`t forget Mozilla! I ahve not gotten one single popup since using it. :D

topnotchtouch
11-23-2004, 12:40 PM
You could also go with Firefox, it blocks pop-ups and you also get to tell Billy Joe Bob Gates where he can put IE :D

Scottwax
11-23-2004, 12:50 PM
I did notice my pop-up blockers were going nuts on that site but none made it though. ;)

Product prices seem reasonable. At least cheap enough to pop for one or two of them. Show cars (in their gallery) aren`t good for examples of how good a wax is. Show quality paint looks amazing even without any wax.

imported_kgb
11-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by rjstaaf

You could also go with Firefox, it blocks pop-ups and you also get to tell Billy Joe Bob Gates where he can put IE :D

I just said that! :lol ;) I love my Firefox! :bow

Scottwax: I will let you all know what I think of Shining monkey come this weekend. I am hoping to start my car Wednesday night and finish up on Thanksgiving morning.

bunmango
11-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Did anybody else notice that their "D-Spec Liquid Polish" includes P.T.F.E. (aka Teflon)?

imported_kgb
11-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by bunmango

Did anybody else notice that their "D-Spec Liquid Polish" includes P.T.F.E. (aka Teflon)?

Yeah, I read it on their bottle last night.

1 Clean WS6
11-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Seems very reasonably priced indeed.

2001civicex I`ll be looking forward to your write up. Make sure to give us a few pics.

imported_kgb
11-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

Seems very reasonably priced indeed.

2001civicex I`ll be looking forward to your write up. Make sure to give us a few pics.

Yeah, the prices seem fair.

Will do. The only thing I will be using on my paint that is not Shining Monkey, this weekend, will be a clay bar and maybe the wash. They have their own wash but it might be too cold for me to wash by hand so I might use the local quarter wash.

Scottwax
11-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by bunmango

Deal breaker for me.