PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear of Hand Job Wax?

Pages : [1] 2

otilio1
11-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I kid you not. They were at SEMA. Autoextremist.com reported their (juvenile) marketing genius:

http://www.handjobwax.com/

After you stop laughing, the question is, does the product have anything going for it besides its name?

MongooseGA
11-10-2004, 04:03 PM
I want the Wacks on, Wacks off shirt!!!!!

I think it`s more gimmicky than anything else. Notice how they mention is fills swirls. My guess is it`s meant to appeal to someone with wants a good looking wax, but isn`t into detailing enough to just remove the swirls.

ScubaStevo
11-10-2004, 04:20 PM
I REALLY want that first shirt with the list to do.

SpoiledMan
11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
I stopped in their booth at SEMA. The guy there demonstrated the liquid wax and how easy it was to apply and remove. He was using a black motorcycle tank for his demonstration that was in pretty good condition to begin with. He also demonstrated a spray wax that he said could be wiped off or RINSED off. This is where my doubt started even though his voice was rather shaky from the start. His application was done with a MF towel and it was the same one used for removal. It just would have been nice to see him show the products using an applicator though.

He finished by giving me his card and telling me to contact him for samples which I will do.

ALAN81
11-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Million products at SEMA how do we ever know what is good? A lot of new products out there because of a big markup

HotRodGuy
11-10-2004, 05:00 PM
that`s awesome

Craigster
11-10-2004, 05:10 PM
I laughed my *** off when I saw their booth.

I brought home a T-shirt from them and my sweetheart affectionately used it to detail her car....

Wasn`t SEMA awesome?

Rob Tomlin
11-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Ya gotta love the marketing!

I like the last line on the shirt "AHHH! That wet look"!

SpoiledMan
11-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Craigster

I laughed my *** off when I saw their booth.

I brought home a T-shirt from them and my sweetheart affectionately used it to detail her car....

Wasn`t SEMA awesome?

Yeah, SEMA was killer for me as it was eh, MY FIRST TIME!;) His booth was rather funny and drew the attention of my dad in a hurry!!:rofl

jimc
11-10-2004, 06:53 PM
lol, 95% marketing, 5% product. Only in America....I`m George Bush and I approve this message.

Kleanride
11-10-2004, 07:51 PM
That is soooooo stupid it is funny. jimc, agree with you totally...95% marketing, 4 % packaging+1% product....

sheesh.

imported_Totoland Mach
11-10-2004, 07:56 PM
pretty funny...at least it wasn`t as scary as the thread entitled "Chocolate Highway" LOL

MongooseGA
11-10-2004, 08:04 PM
"Yep!. Just went out and gave ol` Betty a hand job! I just love the wet look it gives her, and it really brings out the good points on her body!"

:rofl :rofl

imported_NHBFAN
11-10-2004, 08:20 PM
I want a t-shirt!

Going to surf the net for one!

Scottwax
11-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Totoland Mach

pretty funny...at least it wasn`t as scary as the thread entitled "Chocolate Highway" LOL

Yeah, I `rectum` that thread could have been the butt of a lot of jokes.

:lol Sometimes I crack myself up. ;)