PDA

View Full Version : QEW or S&W

Craigster
11-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Which would be better for cleaning when the hose is unavailable, especially during the winter.....

Any tips or suggestions on either one?

Thanks for your input.

Craig

stevet
11-09-2004, 04:48 PM
I have never used S&W. I use QEW all winter and it is excellent. Changed the way I detail in the winter. No more freezing my a$$ off. Pull the car into the garage turn on the heater and QEW the car. Car looks great when I`m finished and no marring. I also use QEW in the summer when I can`t find shade. No water spots when I use it in the sun.:up

JustinR32
11-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Not the same product, not for the same situations. QEW for a full wash, S&W for cleaning a lightly dirty car.

Tom

DCT
11-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Yea, you really can`t compare them. In reality, they are both very good products when used at the correct time.

mtodde
11-09-2004, 05:09 PM
I like them both, but use the QEW to wash & the S&W between washes.

Woob
11-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Both. QEW eliminates hose. S&W Eliminates buckets. Ultimate win... hehe

III
11-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Anyone mix qew in a spray bottle and use it like S&W?

cwcad
11-09-2004, 06:27 PM
i was reading the posts and mixing two products together come up. i did just that today with two bottles of mix that did not have enough to do the whole car and i mixed s&w with a detail spray. it was mixed one to one and i am extremely pleased with the outcome. am not sure if i will mix more in the future because i like detail spray so much. but my black chevy truck looks good. and there were not any streaks.

Scottwax
11-09-2004, 06:45 PM
If you are only going to get one, then QEW is better because it can be used on much dirtier vehicles. Both are great product.

stilez
11-09-2004, 06:51 PM
QEW hits the dirtier bunch, but both are great as Scott said.

I use S+W every 3-5 days, but when winter hits with full bore, I will use QEW. Another thing mentioned doing was to pre-soak the vehicle with a light misting of S+W to loosen the dirt, then QEW it.

stilez
11-09-2004, 06:58 PM
QEW hits the dirtier bunch, but both are great as Scott said.

I use S+W every 3-5 days, but when winter hits with full bore, I will use QEW. Another thing mentioned doing was to pre-soak the vehicle with a light misting of S+W to loosen the dirt, then QEW it.

Craigster
11-10-2004, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

By the way Sean, I have some pics for you from SEMA (just a few - about 100 or so hehe). I have them on a disc I`ll give you on the 26 if I cant figure out someplace to post them all before then.

Here`s a sample.

Carl Anderson
11-10-2004, 06:54 AM
What is S&W? And where did the acronyms go to - I can`t seem to find them.

Eliot Ness
11-10-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Carl Anderson

What is S&W? And where did the acronyms go to - I can`t seem to find them.

PoorboyÃâ‚â„s Spray & Wipe:

http://www.poorboysworld.com/spray-wipe.htm

Here is the acronym list:

http://www.autopia.org/display.php?file=acronyms.htm&s=&menu=8

Old Rattle Flat
11-10-2004, 03:37 PM
I have and use both of these excellent products. For me, when the weather is above freezing, QEW is more efficient way to do a full wash, and S&W seems to me to be more efficient for touchup, QD, prep-work, and bug/bird contaminent removal. Once the temperature drops into the twenties, I use S&W Ã₆usually takes 4 to 8 oz for me to do a full wash. Below the twenties Ã₆well the car doesn`t have to be that clean. :-)