PDA

View Full Version : Big Lots Foam Applicators - safe?

joshcaro
11-09-2004, 03:29 PM
I read a few weeks ago about the bargains sometimes found at Big Lots such as the 4 for a buck foam applicators. Well when I saw that I went and bought about 10 packages of them and use them just about every detail to apply wax. Now my question is:

Are these applicators safe to use to apply wax or will they create marring and swirl marks?

If they are completely safe or just as good as anything else to apply wax I will go back and buy about 10 more packages (that is if there are any left).

Also for the heck of it I bought some tire cleaner and tire shine simply because Im a fanatic and thought hey! its only 2 bucks I might as well try them out. Well all I can say is complete crap!! Both products were the worse stuff ive ever used. On the other hand I found some Bug and Tar remover for a buck and its awesome!

dcswd
11-09-2004, 03:45 PM
I dont think there would be any problem with the foam applicators. It would be best to see a pic of them, but I dont think there will be anything wrong with them.

Is the bug and tar remover from turtle wax? There have been some good reviews on that.

Mmmph
11-09-2004, 03:59 PM
I`ve been using those applicators for a year. Washed and reused them, too.

No problems...

...except one that I had left some MPPC on for a week before washing. It disintegrated in the washing machine, forcing me to pick little yellow bits of foam from all of my laundry for a few days.

joshcaro
11-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Haha good news!

You cant beat the deal on these. I never wash and reuse, however it would save a couple of bucks and trips to Big Lots for me. How exactly do you wash them?

Mmmph
11-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by CutNAction

How exactly do you wash them?

Toss them in the washer with the rest of my foam pads.