PDA

View Full Version : aluminum-alloy wheel help

imported_DARKSTI
11-08-2004, 09:27 PM
im planning on washing my True Blue 2001 SVT Cobra tomorrow and am going to detail the rims, they have some fine scratches, what should i use to get rid or hide them?

JasonD
11-08-2004, 09:46 PM
If it`s the wheels I`m thinking of, they are polished aluminum with a clearcoat, correct? If so, I would use Klasse AIO on them with a foam pad and then seal with SG.

imported_DARKSTI
11-08-2004, 09:48 PM
yea, i think so, ill try that :)

JasonD
11-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Just remember to treat them just like your paint, so if the AIO doesn`t get the scratch off try some ScratchX (with a foam pad of course) and then reapply the AIO, then seal with SG.

imported_DARKSTI
11-08-2004, 09:57 PM
thanks for the tips, i am going to use a sonus applicator pad, i assume that should be ok.

JasonD
11-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Are you referring to the Sonus Der Wunder Applicator? If so, in my experience, anytime I use a polish by hand and use a cloth applicator vs. a foam pad, the cloth seems to be a LOT more aggressive, so be careful and don`t use too much pressure. I used ScratchX with a foam pad on some deep scratches by a door handle once and it was taking forever, so I pulled out a terry applicator and tried again. This time, not only did the scratches come out, but it left behind some pretty good marring that I had to use the foam pad and more ScratchX to remove. I don`t think you will run into this problem, just be delicate with the pressure you will be good.

imported_DARKSTI
11-08-2004, 10:08 PM
alright sounds good :)