PDA

View Full Version : My Review of Poor Boys

former86camaro
11-08-2004, 07:23 AM
Well, here is my complete review of the Poor Boys Products I used this week. I will break it down by product.

The Tire Shine

The tire shine works well. I like the type of finish it leaves. It is non greasy and covers well. Over all the value seems fair. The real question is would it be worth getting compared to off the shelf brands or even 303... I think so. It really did what they claim it should do. I will continue to use this product. In summary nice shine, more satin like, and covers very well...

The Pro Polish

The way I would describe the polish is interesting. I went with the pro polish incase I went back to Zaino since I have some left. This product by hand application is no fun at all. With a PC it applies much better. It did clean and make the finish smooth as it claims. Now compared to the WG pre-clean I would say it is more aggressive, but still not strong enough to cut. Also WG leaves it shinier after this step and WG does provide a nicer feel to the paint after this step. The real question is will I continue to use this product once it is gone, the verdict is not out yet.

EX

EX, well EX is a pain to apply. I was thinking it would be more liquid like instead it is pretty thick. Applied by itself on my gold explorer it did make the paint POP. Other products like NXT, WG, and Zaino never made the gold look like it did today. On my red car it worked differently. It looks Deep, It looks Dark and wet. It is not clear enough for me. To me the red seems like blood red verse red if you can understand what I mean. I am not sure on this product for my red car. Odd thing though, each day it looked better than the initial application. I will use it again on the Gold Explorer and can not wait to try it on Silver...

The QD

Well, after the initial shock of how different it is compared to other QDâ€â„¢s I love it. I am going to keep this on hand forever. This is a Great product. It is a great idea, and will be nice to use after each wash to keep up that look. This is a product I will give as a gift to others to try and enjoy. I even showed several neighbors it and they are all buying it for their motorcycles and for their cars.

Interior Protectant

It seemed streaky on vinyl and seemed okay on leather. I really do not have to much to say about it. It is better than the average product, but for Vinyl 303 is still ahead of it and for leather I am still up in the air as to how good it really is.

My cars are a Red 2000 Grand Prix GTP, and a 1999 Gold Explorer. Both are garaged and have had Zaino used on them and WG, #26, NXT and what not...Prep consisted of Wash, Clay, then EX only on the Ford and on the GTP Polish then EX.

Wasatch
11-08-2004, 07:39 AM
PBs makes some very nice stuff. The way to apply EX is real thin in a one stroke motion. Apply some QD to the applicator before hand. I really like NL. Have not tried BnB, but is on my list.