PDA

View Full Version : SRP vs AIO

imported_liam
11-08-2004, 12:53 AM
i don`t have access to Klasse AIO down here in australia, so i have a few quick questions:

1) what is AutoGlym Super Resin Polish like compared to AIO?

2) Does anyone know of an australian importer of Klasse AIO? (i`ll also put this in the manufactures forum)

thanks

Eclipse Detail
11-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Commercial content removed.

Tort

(moderator)

Alfisti
11-08-2004, 05:33 AM
liam, check your PM`s

...and Eclipse, good to have you on board, but you might not be aware of this, so just in case, you might want to check the Forum Rules here (http://www.autopia.org/display.php?file=Rules.htm&s=&menu=7).

Just watching your back. :D

togwt
11-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Quote: What is AutoGlym Super Resin Polish like compared to AIO?

~One manâ€â„¢s opinion / observations~

Klasse All-In-One is a chemical (solvent) cleaner / protectant

Autoglym Super Resin Polish is an abrasive polish/cleaner

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

Accumulator
11-08-2004, 09:33 AM
I like SRP, and I`ll sometimes use it instead of AIO. SRP doesn`t clean quite as well, but it seems to "fill" minor imperfections better. SRP also lasts longer when used by itself. The abrasives in SRP are very mild, so much so that a second (gentle) application on soft ss doesn`t result in color transfer to the pad.

I especially like SRP (two coats, second after a day and applied very gently to minimize disturbing the first coat) topped with a "heavy" wax like Meg`s #16 or Collinite. This is one of the combos I use on cars for friends/family where I know I`ll be dealing with imperfect paint and bad carcare habits.

Eclipse Detail
11-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Thanks Alfisti. Seems to be to late for me to modify my reply. :(

I`m all for following the rules etc etc but this seems a little too much for me. I was answering a direct question regarding where liam could get Klasse products in Australia. At least this way everyone knows who`s doing the promoting. Would the moderators rather I registered another user name and made the same post anonymously?

imported_liam
11-08-2004, 04:05 PM
thanks for that everybody,

@ Eclipse - sorry - i didn`t mean for anybody to get into trouble

Eclipse Detail
11-08-2004, 04:10 PM
You weren`t at fault liam, I was. :o I probably should have just sent you a PM instead.

Greg

Alfisti
11-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Dont worry too much guys. When I first started I got my wrist slapped for double posting...didn`t know it was a no-no. :nixweiss

Now I`m older and wiser. :D

imported_liam
11-08-2004, 09:20 PM
whats double posting?

is it posting your question which has already been posted somewhere else?

or posting the same question in both the `detailing` and `autopia universty` forums?

or both?

Alfisti
11-08-2004, 11:32 PM
The last one:

"posting the same question in both the `detailing` and `autopia universty` forums".

If it was the first one, we`d all be booted off!

imported_liam
11-09-2004, 01:06 AM
LOL - you make a good point :D