PDA

View Full Version : Silver Scion tC

JimAllison
11-07-2004, 05:07 PM
This site has been great as I research the products I will use to clean and protect my new tC. I have been using Meguiars NXT but I want something that cleans, protects more aggressively and gets a little deeper shine and gloss on my silver car. The paint is in perfect condition but I think the clearcoat is thin and soft because I do have some slight scratches on the hood that seem to be cause by either drying or wind blowing debris up from the road. I am getting a cordless orbital buffer, sadly no power outlet near my car to use a more powerful polisher. What does everyone think of this lineup:

Wash with Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash

SSR 2.5 on the hood to remove the scratches (ScratchX hasnt seemed to work...Will this work?)

VM

EX-P

Should I top this with something? What is the best quick detailer to use with this lineup?

I chose these products after reading many rave reviews of their effectiveness on silver paint.

Thanks!

mtodde
11-07-2004, 06:06 PM
VM + EX-P should be incredible on your tc...it looks great on my silver Solara.

I am planning to use the Adam`s Polishes Detail spray as a QD and 4* Ultimate Gloss Enhancer for now. I don`t want to use anything with carnauba in case I decide to add a third layer of EX-P. I have some 4* UPP coming too that I may try on the trunk lid or something.

Eliot Ness
11-07-2004, 06:23 PM
I`ll agree, VM and EX-P is a great combo. I have used Clearkote Quik Shine as a QD on EX-P and it works really well:

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/clearkote.htm

I`ve recently read some really good stuff about Adam`s Detail Spray so I may have to try some of that fairly soon also.

TW85 HHI
11-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Todd`s pictures of VM + EX-P on his Solara are really tempting, LOL.

You may also want to consider AIO + SG + either Natty`s, #16, or Signature.

JimAllison
11-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Is the SSR 2.5 the best way to remove the scratches in the clearcoat on the hood before I polish and seal it? I tried scratchx by hand a few times and it cleaned them up but and some angles I can still see them.

dcswd
11-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by JimAllison

Is the SSR 2.5 the best way to remove the scratches in the clearcoat on the hood before I polish and seal it? I tried scratchx by hand a few times and it cleaned them up but and some angles I can still see them.

is SSR2.5 the BEST way? Not necessarly, but it is a a good method. It will all depend on how you are using the product, where you are using it, and what you need it to do.

SSR2.5 is more abrasive than Scratch X though so hopefully it would be able to remove the rest of the defects you see.