PDA

View Full Version : How does this recipe sound??

Asonyexec
11-07-2004, 04:29 PM
following ACCUMULATOR`s advice I just bought some Meg`s 80 so here is what I am planning to do (metalic silver Lex GS 300 `02). I will be using MY PC with sonus pads.

wash

hit it with the Meg`s 80

hit it with KLASSE AIO

hit it with Klasse SG

Top it off with mother` pure carnuba

FYI, in my arsenal I also have MEG`s #9, Meg`s #2, Meg`s #7, sonus paint cleanser, meg`s scratchX, Meg`s #26 (yellow liq wx), Meg`s NXT liquid wax and finally Menzerna FP.

Let me know what you think about the above recipe maybe change the order of the applications? Also let me know if there is anything in my arsenal i should just toss out (space is valuable here). Paint is in good condition with the exeception of a few spider`s webs and light swirl marks - u really gotta squat down to see them.

Thanks again :cool:

imported_Aurora40
11-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Sounds good, and the order is right on. If your car needs claying, do it after the wash, before the #80.

TW85 HHI
11-07-2004, 04:32 PM
How about Natty`s, #16, or Signature as your carnauba topper?

MongooseGA
11-07-2004, 04:34 PM
looks good to me. I hope it turns out well for you. Don`t forget to post pics!

Asonyexec
11-07-2004, 05:26 PM
TW after doing a little research and reviewing the MSDS` (material safety data sheets) I have found that Mother`s Calif Gold paste carnuba contains more carnuba wax than any of the Meg products. I can`t speak to other waxes Ive seen mentioned on here and Im sure they are excellent products. I plan on trying the P21s one day as I see it gets great reviews on the postings.

Thanks for the info. keep `em coming. let me know if there is anything on that list I should just get rid of.

THX :xyxthumbs

mtodde
11-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Meg`s Gold Class does contain some cleaners and it will remove some of your SG.

imported_liam
11-07-2004, 07:06 PM
mtodde, i think what Asonyexec was refering to was mother`s california gold carnuba paste wax, not meg`s gold class...

@ Asonyexec my subaru has three coats of mother`s california gold carnuba paste wax and has never looked better! i use it over autoglym extra gloss.

zainoshine
11-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Not trying to hi-jack, but would Gold Class be an alterantive to Dawn to strip wax? How do you guys suggest stripping wax?

Somebody a while ago mentioned Gold Class Shampoo, high concentration, as a wax remover, but I haven`t heard anything from anyone else:nixweiss

Carl

mtodde
11-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by liam

mtodde, i think what Asonyexec was refering to was mother`s california gold carnuba paste wax, not meg`s gold class...

My bad...I stand corrected...I don`t want anybody to read something that is not correct. :o

Accumulator
11-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Asonyexec- I`d sure get more than one coat of SG on there before topping it. I always see a big difference after the third coat of SG. The Mother`s should be fine for a topper.

Originally posted by pigeonbus

Not trying to hi-jack, but would Gold Class be an alterantive to Dawn to strip wax? How do you guys suggest stripping wax?

Somebody a while ago mentioned Gold Class Shampoo, high concentration, as a wax remover, but I haven`t heard anything from anyone else

Nah, to really *strip* wax use something made for that- PrepSol, one of the water-based products (TOL has them), or at least rubbing alcohol/water mix. Even Dawn doesn`t really remove a healthy coat of good wax (sure didn`t dent Collinite for me). Note that an abrasive polish will remove it too, as will products like AIO and other paintwork cleansers.

White95Max
11-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by pigeonbus

Somebody a while ago mentioned Gold Class Shampoo, high concentration, as a wax remover, but I haven`t heard anything from anyone else:nixweiss

Carl

Dawn didn`t even make a dent in my NXT from last year, and it worked like pure water to my EX-P x3.

I have some AIO now, so that`s what I use to strip wax. I also used 3M PI III MG to strip the wax on my mom`s car. Any real polish will do the trick. I only use dawn now to wash out my pads.