PDA

View Full Version : EXorEX-P

Pages : [1] 2

oaevo8u
11-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Detailing a customers car and cant decide on EX or EX-P, I want to say EX-P but I need some oppinions fast. THANKS!!!

AMP01
11-07-2004, 01:18 PM
oaevo8u,

What color is the car? I have both EX and EX-P. I use the EX on darker colors and EX-P on lighter colors like silver metallic and white. If you can get both.

Cheers,

JasonD
11-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey Sean, I have both. EX for dark cars and EX-P for lighter cars and metallics. If you think you are *always* going to top these sealants with carnauba on dark cars, then just go with EX-P. Stop at EX-P on lighter cars and just top it with carnauba for dark cars.

That, by the way, is the difference between the two with and without carnauba.

AMP01
11-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Sean,

Here is a pic of Jet Black paint with EX x 3 and Souveran x 2.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805souveran_sunset_reflections.jpg

Since I have both, I would say for darker color even if you are going to top with a Carnauba, EX would be my choice since it has Carnauba in it. On the other hand, EX-P on lighter colors really makes the paint pop.

This pic shows VM with a EX-P x 2 topper.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805in_garage_4-29-04_for_web.jpg

Cheers,

JasonD
11-07-2004, 01:50 PM
AMP01, on your black BMW, at what point did that level of *richness* come in? Was it after you applied Souveran or before?

AMP01
11-07-2004, 02:21 PM
JDookie,

After the EX x 3, the paint was deep and wet but not as deep as after the Souveran topper. EX by itself can look very much like a "sealant topped with Carnauba". I added the Souveran because I was about to enter my Bimmer in a car show.

Cheers,

oaevo8u
11-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Im sorry the car was a silver metallic and what I did was apply EX-P with pc and let is sit for a hour or more. and damn does the paint pop. Ill post some pics when I get the film developed.

"JDOOKIE" You said apply EX-P on dark cars then top it with a carnuba. Are you saying use this method instead of EX alone on dark cars

Intercooled
11-07-2004, 03:20 PM
I want to try those products as well. I have heard that EXP loks great on dark colors, it was mentioned a few times in the review section. I read both the reviews on EX and EXP and it seems there are more complaints about the EX. I`m leaning towards getting EXP :nixweiss

mtodde
11-07-2004, 04:17 PM
EX-P is awesome. I`ve seen several black cars recently with EX-P and all I can say is WOW! The only bad thing I can say about EX is that you can`t top it with another sealant. I used it to top PwC on a dark green metallic Solara about 6 weeks ago and the results were awesome. With EX-P, leaving it on for an hour seems to enhance the look and prevents streaks from showing up later.

JasonD
11-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by oaevo8u

Im sorry the car was a silver metallic and what I did was apply EX-P with pc and let is sit for a hour or more. and damn does the paint pop. Ill post some pics when I get the film developed.

"JDOOKIE" You said apply EX-P on dark cars then top it with a carnuba. Are you saying use this method instead of EX alone on dark cars

What I meant by that was: The only difference between EX and EX-P is the fact that EX has carnauba in it. As mtodde said, you won`t be able to top EX with a sealant because of the carnauba. That being said, it would seem to me that the most economical way to do this is buy the EX-P and just top it with anything you want, if you still decide to top it. If you buy EX you are going to be restricted to only being able to top it with carnauba, and since carnauba wax is so readily available and most of us already have some I would say to just buy EX-P since it goes with anything.

I haven`t gotten far enough to say whether EX looks better topped or not. I have applied two coats of EX on my Expedition and when I wash it again, I will then apply a coat of Souveran on it and decide then. I also bought a bottle of EX-P but haven`t used it yet because I have`n done a light colored car yet, only black. This falls back to what I was saying. I have two bottles of pretty much the same thing and I plan on topping them with carnauba regardless, so I could have saved some money and only gotten the EX-P......EX + carnauba = EX-P + carnauba. Same thing.

oaevo8u
11-07-2004, 05:09 PM
LOL...well I just got back from deleivering the customers car and all he could say is WOW. He went over it with a fine tooth comb and could not find one problem with it. I even resurfaced his wheels for him and painted them and he loved it. I cant wait to post pics of it. This guy was so impressed that he wants me to do a weekly maintance program on his vehicle(gaurentedd money) Couple of his freinds came by and the were so impressed they wanted there cars done, so ive already have 3 cars for next week. That just goes to show that quality work is better advertisment than any flyier. One thing I will never do again though is painting wheels(to much work). One thing I did notice was is that applying EX-P by pc is the way to go compared to hand. I did both and you cant get a good even coating by hand.

zainoshine
11-07-2004, 05:18 PM
So if I wanted to do, say, PWC, if I had a Dark OR Light car, EX-P would look good in any situation, light or dark? I just want to clarify whether or not EX looks better than EX-P on a dark car.....right now it seems like EX-P for every color is the way to go, then you could even top it with another sealent or carnuaba (giving you more options w/light/dark colors)

Carl

JasonD
11-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by oaevo8u

One thing I did notice was is that applying EX-P by pc is the way to go compared to hand. I did both and you cant get a good even coating by hand.

I fully agree :xyxthumbs

JasonD
11-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by pigeonbus

So if I wanted to do, say, PWC, if I had a Dark OR Light car, EX-P would look good in any situation, light or dark? I just want to clarify whether or not EX looks better than EX-P on a dark car.....right now it seems like EX-P for every color is the way to go, then you could even top it with another sealent or carnuaba (giving you more options w/light/dark colors)

Carl

I believe the consensus is that EX looks better on dark cars and EX-P looks better on lighter cars, BUT the difference is the carnauba factor. So, if you only want to buy one product, then buy the EX-P and top it however you like. On the other hand, if you want to stop at EX, EX-P then buy both.

Intercooled
11-07-2004, 05:41 PM
How would you guys compare EXP overall rating to Zaino or SG?