PDA

View Full Version : Does #16 stain trim?

imported_Teck
11-07-2004, 08:34 AM
If it really stains easily then instead of trying to be careful I`d rather tape it off. Any quick answer of how it reacts to black semi porous trim?

imported_Aurora40
11-07-2004, 08:38 AM
I don`t really have any black plastic trim on my cars, `cept the Nissan. While I`ve never intentionally put it on trim, I`ve never noticed it to stain anything. It doesn`t stain any of the rubber molding or anything. I think being careful would probably suffice. :)

Corey Bit Spank
11-07-2004, 09:00 AM
No, it doesn`t :)

stevet
11-07-2004, 09:55 AM
No staining of my trim with it either. Just started using it but so far I really like the stuff.

Accumulator
11-07-2004, 10:30 AM
No staining for me either. I`ve even used Meg`s #16 on trim intentionally. No problems, but I *do* recommend a sorta w-o-w-o method rather than letting it set up too long. On plastic trim I usually use AIO on the trim first and I`ll often get some SG on there too. For soft rubber I`ll usually just clean it with Griot`s Rubber Cleaner but I`ll sometimes precede the #16 with some *very gently applied* AIO.

I even tried it on the Volvo`s rubber bumper covers and rubber/plastic side-view mirrors :eek: it worked fine. I`ve done this kinda thing with Collinite 486S and Souveran too.

denali-d
11-07-2004, 11:54 AM
The first couple of times I used #16 I taped and was extremely careful around any plastic because I figured that it, as such an old-time formulation, would stain trim to death. I was actually quite pleasantly suprised the first time I didn`t tape, even if you leave it there for a while it will just dust/flake right off.

disasnguy
11-07-2004, 12:26 PM
It doesn`t stain for me.

Prometheus
11-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Nope, nothin. Just did two coats of it yesterday, was rather careless round the trim too, bubkis. Get a little greasy residue, but it easily wipes off with a towel.