PDA

View Full Version : Buffing/Detail question(s)

rundatrack
11-03-2004, 02:51 PM
1.Poorboys products do they work well with a high speed buffer(2300)...I dont know if I should purchases another one maybe around 1500...?

Going to stock up on the supplies so I need some help..

2.In what order do you use your products.....(poorboys.....)

b.I really only need help with exteriors my interior are ok.....just havent found the right combo...I found out here that the machine glaze from 3m doenst take out swirls only has fillers ....So I need something that can be used on black....once it works on black all the other colors to me seem to be a breeze?

Hawaiianelement
11-03-2004, 03:47 PM
I use SSR 2.5 , SSR1 , EX then top w/ Natty`s . A popular combo around here.

rundatrack
11-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Do you use these with a buffer or by hand?

Eliot Ness
11-03-2004, 06:06 PM
...I found out here that the machine glaze from 3m doenst take out swirls only has fillers ....
Neither 3M PI III RC (rubbing compound) nor 3M PI III MG (machine glaze) contain fillers. Both of these are excellent products that are easy to use and produce good results.

You may be thinking of 3M’s SMR, which does contain fillers.

Tarios
11-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Neither 3M PI III RC (rubbing compound) nor 3M PI III MG (machine glaze) contain fillers. Both of these are excellent products that are easy to use and produce good results.

You may be thinking of 3M’s SMR, which does contain fillers.

Also the 3M 5996 Foam Pad Glaze also has fillers..they make them for dark and light coulored cars..

ABCDetail
11-04-2004, 01:27 PM
I absolutely love PB products, generally using 2.5 followed up with PwC, and I don`t top since PwC does protect for a few months (i know most people here top w/ something). I do this all with my PC and edge pads.

rundatrack
11-04-2004, 01:28 PM
I absolutely love PB products, generally using 2.5 followed up with PwC, and I don`t top since PwC does protect for a few months (i know most people here top w/ something). I do this all with my PC and edge pads.

PC....what is that ......excuse my ignorance....and where can I purchase...

You use this PC...for compounding...glaze....???

JaredPointer
11-04-2004, 02:11 PM
PC....what is that ......excuse my ignorance....and where can I purchase...

You use this PC...for compounding...glaze....???

Porter Cable random orbit polisher. Common models are 7424 and 7336. You can get one from Dwayne @ PAC or locally at Lowe`s. You can use the PC for all steps. In fact, here`s a link (http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=5077) with instructions. :)

rundatrack
11-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Porter Cable random orbit polisher. Common models are 7424 and 7336. You can get one from Dwayne @ PAC or locally at Lowe`s. You can use the PC for all steps. In fact, here`s a link (http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=5077) with instructions. :)

Cool I have a high speed buffer now...going to give that a shot......see what happens....going to call the people at poorboys and get some products...wish me luck... :drunk

JaredPointer
11-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Good Luck!!

Hawaiianelement
11-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Good luck man . You`re in good hands. A PC is a must IMO..