PDA

View Full Version : Best Glass Polish/Protectant/Water Repellant

JimAllison
11-07-2004, 01:43 AM
I have a 2005 Scion tC and the majority of the car is glass. In addition to the typical side windows and winshield I have a rear hatch and the entire roof is glass.

Can someone recomend a good glass polish and maybe a protectant/water repellant too? The hatch doesn`t have a rear wiper and the top looks gross all dirty with water spots so I hoping to be able to solve my glass woes with some wonderful autopia help.

Thanks!

- Jim

scottabir
11-07-2004, 01:50 AM
If it is in good condition (which I hope it is for `05) I like to use VM and then a coat of EX-P on glass. Works very nice. Other people have used AIO?Sg with good results too.

JimAllison
11-07-2004, 02:05 AM
The glass is in great condition just dirty and I also want to find a good way to make the water and dew roll off. I was planning on using VM and EX-P on the paint (it`s a silver car) so using it on the windows too would work well I guess. Anyone have pics of glass treated with this combo? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

kompressornsc
11-07-2004, 06:47 AM
I have the same dilemma on my car-more glass than paint. (And I`d like to thank Scion at this point for trying to copy the C-Coupe:rolleyes: ) Just kidding...

I`ve tried a lot of combinations, and keep going back to Rain-X. Just did all my glass yesterday. Took about 90 minutes from cleaning to applying to buffing off (first w/ shop towels & then MF).

Also really helps w/ the waterspotting on those tinted areas on the roof.

tom p.
11-07-2004, 07:03 AM
:up

imported_BretFraz
11-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by tom p.

:up

Agree with Tom. Aquapel is like a durable version of Rain X. Do a search on it, we`ve talked about it alot in the past.

stevet
11-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I treat the glass on my car the same as the paint. It gets washed with car wash soap, clayed, polished, and sealed. I use the same products that I use for paint.

imported_liam
11-07-2004, 06:43 PM
good ol` Autoglym Fast Glass, or other spray on autoglass solution, polished off with newspaper. should try it - really good! :D

followed by a very generous application of rain-X!

Raven
11-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I just applied Aquapel to my wind shield and front sides windows this morning. Was very easy to to. I have to say that the glass looks great. I`ll give an update after the first rain.