View Full Version : 2001 Civic Ready for Winter :(

Kleanride
11-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Today is said to be the last nice day of the season, before it gets cold and snowy next week sometime.

I have already been preparing for winter the past few weeks, so I already had 3 coats of UPP on the car, put on over the course of a 3 day weekend (which was 2 weeks ago).

So today I washed it twice with a little creation I came up with...Suds, AS Wash, and Wolfgang for the first wash, and then Lanes Wash & Shine and AS Wash on the second round. Dried with a Absorber.

Then I put a coat of AS Liquid Wax on, followed by a coat of Moose Wax (which ROCKS, btw), followed by a wipe down with Race Glaze Gloss Highlighter.

The wheel wells were sprayed generously with More Shine Less Time and the tires were done with Black Magic Tire Foam.

Lastly, the exhaust can was AIO`ed, and thats it at this point.

I kinda felt like taking the PC out (btw, all work was done by hand), but I figured I would be out there all day trying to make everything PERFECT-and I have other things to do today! (you can see in the hood shot that there are some chips and such).

I need to get a boars hair brush as well, because I am now starting to get some buildup around the side moldings and under the mirrors and taillights.

In other words, next spring I will have my work cut out for me!!!!! :eek: :cool:

Here are the pics...lemme know what you think!

Kleanride
11-06-2004, 12:31 PM
2nd pic

Kleanride
11-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Last pic

White95Max
11-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Looks great!

I know what you mean about the weather. I`ve been debating all day whether to go out and re-detail the Max. I have 2 coats of EX-P on it now with Paste Glaz on top, but I just got my AIO and 4* UPP in the mail yesterday. I can`t decide whether I should do it over or not.

It` supposed to snow here on Thursday. I`m hoping that the car will be slick enough to cause the snow to slide right off while I drive. :)

Kleanride
11-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

It` supposed to snow here on Thursday. I`m hoping that the car will be slick enough to cause the snow to slide right off while I drive. :)

Yeah, you are right, I heard snow on Wednesday here.....I suppose it takes a few hours to get over to you in WI.

What do you do for your wheel wells? I am hoping that MSLT will not allow the snow and slush to stick. I used AA last year and it worked to some extent.

stilez
11-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Looks great!

What kind of exhaust is that?

Wasatch
11-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Well it`s about time Dale, LOL Looks really nice.

White95Max
11-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Dale DeSteno

Yeah, you are right, I heard snow on Wednesday here.....I suppose it takes a few hours to get over to you in WI.

What do you do for your wheel wells? I am hoping that MSLT will not allow the snow and slush to stick. I used AA last year and it worked to some extent.

I didn`t use anything on my wheelwells last year when I wasn`t really into detailing. I had slush buildup touching my tire!

This year I put some NXT T.P. on the wheelwells. Originally I put some T.P. on just a big circle (9-10") in the wheelwell and looked back about a week later. The spot where I applied the TP was nearly clean, and had a noticeably cleaner appearance/color to it. I applied the TP to all 4 wheelwells now, and I put some 1Z rubber protectant on all of the CV boots because there`s a lot of salt and crap that gets thrown in there.

I also treated all of my weatherstripping with 1Z Gummipfledge. The rubber is very soft now, and looks/feels like new!

Kleanride
11-07-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

What kind of exhaust is that?

Ya know, I don`t know. I know that we got it for the everyday low price of FREE tho! It was on display at our friends mechanic shop and he slapped it on for free!!!!

Now I will have to go out there and lay underneath and look for a brand.

John Styrnol: I couldn`t agree more!!! Man, I wish I would have used MW the second it showed up at my house! Great stuff! I used #80 on Friday, on my 92 Civic. LOVE it, BUT....I had a terrible time removing the residue....any suggestions? I think I may have been using to much product....

EX to be used soon, I hope!

(John and I did a product exchange....)

:wavey

Wasatch
11-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Dale,

I told you it was a PITA to remove by hand. It should remove alot easier by PC. I just applied CMW over it and when I removed the CMW what ever was left of the #80 it was removed as well. Some QD should remove the #80.

White95Max
11-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Whenever I have a stubborn residue left from a product, I just mist the area with QD (Showtime) and it makes removal much easier.